Learn MATLAB Commands: Website for Variable and Function Explanation

In summary, the conversation discussed various ways to access helpful information on MATLAB, including a website recommended by a professor, using Google to search for specific functions, and using the "help" command within MATLAB. The most comprehensive reference for MATLAB is on the official MATLAB website, and Google can also be a valuable resource for finding information on specific functions or problems.
robax25
TL;DR Summary
Matlab learning website
when I had learned matlab, my professor told me a website where everything is explained about MATLAB variable and MATLAB function. After a long time later, I like to use MATLAB for my work. However, I forget the name of the website. Does anybody tell me the helpful website?

Physics news on Phys.org
probably the most thorough reference is on the MATLAB site: https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/
you can just enter a search term in the top right box...

I would generally just search "matlab + [function name]" on google with very high success. A few other sites are often helpful for advanced problems, such as stack overflow.

alternatively, you can enter "help [function name]" in MATLAB and it will print out the details of the syntax for that function.

Likes Mark44
robax25 said:
However, I forget the name of the website. Does anybody tell me the helpful website?
Yeah, sure: Google. As said earlier, just google "matlab <function name>", and that will display the documentation for the function as the first result most of the time, and then some threads from MATLAB Central will also pop up, which are often very useful. If you want to find a function for something that you want to do, again Google will help you: "matlab numerical integration" or "matlab bessel functions" will most probably do the trick. That's how I use MATLAB, not by looking up any particular website, but Google.

Likes Mark44

1. What is MATLAB?

MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used by scientists, engineers, and mathematicians for data analysis, visualization, and numerical computation.

2. How do I access the "Learn MATLAB Commands" website?

The "Learn MATLAB Commands" website can be accessed through the official MathWorks website or by searching for the specific URL. Alternatively, you can access the site through a search engine by typing in "Learn MATLAB Commands".

3. What kind of information can I find on the "Learn MATLAB Commands" website?

The "Learn MATLAB Commands" website provides detailed explanations and examples of various MATLAB commands, variables, and functions. It also offers tips and tricks for using MATLAB effectively in scientific research and data analysis.

4. Is the "Learn MATLAB Commands" website suitable for beginners?

Yes, the website is designed to be user-friendly and accessible for beginners. It includes step-by-step explanations and examples, making it a valuable resource for those who are new to MATLAB.

5. Can I contribute to the "Learn MATLAB Commands" website?

Yes, the website is open for contributions from the MATLAB community. If you have suggestions, corrections, or additional information to add, you can submit them through the website's contact form or email the site administrators directly.