1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MATLAB- for loop saving results of 3 variables

1. Mar 11, 2008 #1
    MATLAB- for loop and interation

Hi
    I'm using an interation method to solve for 3 variables in 3 non-linear equations. I would like to find out, how the 3 variables change, when I change a parameter in the 3 equations. Let's assume the parameter runs from 1 to 5 (1:1:5).

The iteration looks like this:
    x0 = [1; 1; 1]; % Make a starting guess at the solution
    options=optimset('Display','iter'); % Option to display output
    [x,fval] = fsolve('file_that defines_the_3_functions',x0,options) % Call optimizer, where x is vector of the 3 variables

Preferable I would like to save the results in a 3*5 matrix, where n is the number variables and 5 the number of different parameters.
    Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2008 #2
    In the last sentence, I meant "where 3 is the number of variables...", not n.

4. Mar 13, 2008 #3
    Is this question not clear? Please let me know, when I need to clarify the question. :smile:

5. Apr 26, 2011 #4
    I have the same problem!!!!!
    I know this was posted 3 years ago, so if you managed to solve the problem can you please share the solution???
    Thank you!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?