Matter wavelength and indeterminate of location and energy

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
hubert_g
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have to find matter wavelength and indeterminate of location and energy for hydrogen particle which is in gas with konwn p, V, T

I'm sorry for my english skills:P

pressure will be [tex]p_{g}[/tex]

[tex]\lambda = \frac{h}{p}[/tex]

[tex]p = mv[/tex]

[tex]v = \sqrt{\frac{3p_{g}}{\varrho}}[/tex]

[tex]\varrho = \frac{n\mu}{V}[/tex]

[tex]p_{g}V = nRT[/tex]

[tex]\varrho = \frac{p_{g}\mu}{RT}[/tex]

[tex]v = \sqrt{\frac{3RT}{\mu}}[/tex]

[tex]\lambda = \frac{h}{m\sqrt{\frac{3RT}{\mu}}}[/tex]

m - mass of hydrogen particle, [tex]\mu[/tex] mass of gas particle

Am I doing it correctly so far?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, you are doing it correctly so far. To complete the calculation, you need to specify the values of h (Planck's constant), m (mass of hydrogen particle), \mu (mass of gas particle), p_{g} (gas pressure), V (volume), T (temperature), and n (number of particles). Once you have those values, you can plug them into the equation to calculate the matter wavelength and indeterminate of location and energy for the hydrogen particle.