Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

'Mental typewriter' controlled by thought

1. Mar 11, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/info-tech/dn8826.html

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2006 #2

-Job-

Science Advisor

It's not surprising to hear of this since i already knew they had the mind-controlled mouse, geared towards paralyzed patients. The mind-machine integration is really unavoidable, pretty soon you'll be getting email into your brain. I wonder if you will then be able to create the equivalent of computer viruses that actually affect the biological brain. In my opinion it's possible that these "viruses" already exist. Conditions like Depression and Anxiety could be produced by such a virus. It's not a virus in a physical sense, of course.

4. Mar 15, 2006 #3
    Sounds like bio-feedback to me. Could be quite handy. Maybe we should send one to Stephen Hawking?

5. Mar 15, 2006 #4
    Very interesting and exciting!

6. Mar 15, 2006 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Honest officer, I was only thinking of speeding! :biggrin:

7. Mar 21, 2006 #6
    And then they finally get rid of that cap and you jack in with an implant. I can just see the government ads, "This is your brain. This is your brain on electricity."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?