Message composition & search window width

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, the current message composition and search windows are displaying with a horizontal scroll bar to accommodate a mostly blank window on the upper left of the page. This is a recent problem for the user with a display resolution of 1280 by 720. After receiving a screenshot and making some adjustments, the message composition window no longer has the issue, but the advanced search window and search results window still display with a horizontal scroll bar.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
The current message composition and search windows are so wide that they display with a horizontal scroll bar. This is apparently to accommodate a mostly blank window on the upper left of the page. (My display resolution is 1280 by 720 - yes, I know that isn't the optimal setting for physicsforums, but this problem is recent.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Stephen Tashi said:
The current message composition and search windows are so wide that they display with a horizontal scroll bar. This is apparently to accommodate a mostly blank window on the upper left of the page. (My display resolution is 1280 by 720 - yes, I know that isn't the optimal setting for physicsforums, but this problem is recent.)

Can you send a screenshot? I just changed to 1280x720 and everything displays fine.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Can you send a screenshot? I just changed to 1280x720 and everything displays fine.

The message composition window doesn't have the problem (at the moment). Here is the advanced search window:

Attachments

• AdvSearch.png
    AdvSearch.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 379
It looks fine now - no horizontal scroll bar.

The search results window still has the problem.

Attachments

• SearchResults.png
    SearchResults.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 382
Stephen Tashi said:
The search results window still has the problem.

How about now?

It looks fine now.

Related to Message composition & search window width

1. What is message composition?

Message composition refers to the process of creating and writing a message, such as an email or text, to be sent to someone else.

2. What is the search window width?

The search window width is the measurement of the visible area in a search window, typically measured in pixels. It determines how much content can be displayed at once and can affect the user experience when searching for information.

3. How does message composition affect communication?

Effective message composition is important for clear and efficient communication. It involves carefully choosing and organizing words, using proper grammar and punctuation, and considering the audience and purpose of the message.

4. How can I improve my message composition skills?

Practicing and receiving feedback are key ways to improve message composition skills. Reading and analyzing well-written messages can also help improve understanding of effective communication strategies.

5. Why is the search window width important in web design?

The search window width is an important consideration in web design as it affects the overall layout and presentation of content on a webpage. A wider search window may allow for more content to be displayed, while a narrower window may result in a more condensed layout.