Michio Kaku science chat at Physics Forums Monday-Wednesday 9PM EST

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chat Michio kaku
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
26 replies · 9K views
Physics news on Phys.org
What is 9PM EST in Norwegian time; is EST Greenwich mean time?
 
go to timeanddate.com to convert the times. EST in the America's is 5 hours behind GMT.
 
Kerrie said:
go to timeanddate.com to convert the times. EST in the America's is 5 hours behind GMT.
Thank you!
 
Ok, for the next three days the chat will be held here: https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/

I will have a link to the chat room on the main page tomorrow.

The way the chat is going to work is that regular members can't post in the chat, they have to PM a user called questionbot which his rep will be using and the rep will relay the question to dr. kaku, he will then post the question and answer it.
 
Last edited:
Greg, you may want to post a notice about this elsewhere on the board (maybe on the main page) so folks see it and you get a good turn out. I don't know how many people wander this far back into the forums to see these announcements in a timely manner.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Ok, for the next three days the chat will be held here: https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/

I will have a link to the chat room on the main page tomorrow.

The way the chat is going to work is that regular members can't post in the chat, they have to PM a user called questionbot which his rep will be using and the rep will relay the question to dr. kaku, he will then post the question and answer it.

Okay, I took a look around the room there (nice curtains, but the sofa is a bit lumpy :biggrin:)...not that I'll be asking any questions during the official chat events, but wanted to find my way around before it gets crowded. It's always nice to walk into an empty room and listen to your own voice echo. It looks like there are multiple rooms set up in there. Will Michio Kaku have a new one set up, or will it be in one of the ones currently there? Once folks have found the place, will it usually be open for regular chatting too, or just these special events?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
can I ask Dr. Kaku what he thinks about the upcoming Moonbear, Tribdog wedding?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Ok, for the next three days the chat will be held here: https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/

I will have a link to the chat room on the main page tomorrow.

The way the chat is going to work is that regular members can't post in the chat, they have to PM a user called questionbot which his rep will be using and the rep will relay the question to dr. kaku, he will then post the question and answer it.

Two questions:

1) How do we PM a user using the Java interface?
2) Can we use another application (mirc, for instance) instead of the java? What's the host address (irc server) for mirc if we can use it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
pervect said:
Two questions:

1) How do we PM a user using the Java interface?
2) Can we use another application (mirc, for instance) instead of the java? What's the host address (irc server) for mirc if we can use it?

1. Double click on the username in the user list.

2. We choose not to use IRC because it's too insecure and very easy for script kiddies to ruin the experience.
 
Hey guys, I can't find questionbot. How do I PM him?

Thanks,

- Alisa
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday at 9PM EST here at PF

Details coming soon...

Will the Dr's response's be archieved for viewing at a later date?..or have you to be in chat forum to see the Q+A's.
 
Wave's_Hand_Particle said:
Will the Dr's response's be archieved for viewing at a later date?..or have you to be in chat forum to see the Q+A's.

I see Greg has done this by hand/Copy-Paste format! :cool:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday at 9PM EST here at PF

Details coming soon...

Well done Greg, great Q+A look forward to tomorrow's session.
 
somy said:
Can you tell me a little about Dr. Michio Kaku ?

Dr Michio Kaku was one of the founders of stringtheory. It was in the eighties he earned the nickname "Dr Cuckoo" from post-grads no doubt to the early abstractness of ST, this has now past over to another prominent 'Theorist'.

Dr Kaku has a great ability to put into words some of the strangest ideas of stingtheory, I recommend his books Hyperspace, and a special note goes to :Beyond Einstein.

Here is his website, there is a wealth of info here:http://www.mkaku.org/
 
I'm looking for the transcripts - I haven't been able to find them. Thanks in advance.
 
regular members can't post in the chat, they have to PM a user called questionbot

What does PM means? How do I PM quesionbot?

Thanks.

G.
 
PM means personal message, this chat event is long over with, so there is no way to PM the message bot. YOu can, however, read the transcripts of the event.