Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Middle aged student of all sciences and trades

1. Sep 1, 2016 #1
    Greetings, my name is Jamie. I'm a web developer in Maryland, working for a community college. I've been interested in science my entire life, and love learning new things. I graduated HS in 1995, and have managed to forget just about everything I learned about math, so it unfortunately limits my understanding of the more advanced sciences. Nevertheless, I still like reading about new discoveries and watching documentaries on all sorts of subjects.

I also practice applied physics, but just in the brute-force definition - I am an amateur blacksmith. I've been doing it for four years now, and it's my favorite hobby; I'd do it for a living if I could. I also like to make longbows, swords, spears, arrows, various tools and knickknacks and some light leather working. One of my projects right now is a model of the USS Constellation, made of metal. I'm a big fan of irony as well.

On the other side of things, I'm a computer nerd, love gaming and simulation. Right now Kerbal Space Program is eating up too much of my free time.

Thanks for welcoming me!
    Jamie

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2016 #2
    Hi Jamie, Welcome to PF! With your interests I think you're in the right place!

4. Sep 1, 2016 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

LOL. Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted