Minor display problem with 'New Posts'

• Thread starter AKG
  • Start date
In summary, some users have noticed a line going through certain text on the website, such as the "Search took x seconds" line and the "Most users online" text. This line appears to be a graphic with shading and only appears after the page has finished loading. It has been identified that this issue is due to the background image being at a fixed height and the text row being higher than the image. The issue is currently on the list to be fixed.
AKG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
When I search New Posts, near the top where you can select page 1, 2, 3,..., there is a thing that says "Search took 0.06 second" or something like that. For some reason, there's a line going through these words.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 373
Physics news on Phys.org
There's that line going through a few other things as well. For instance, when you look at "Who's Online" it goes through the text saying "Most users online was (blah)...". When you do any kind of search (advanced, or just posts by a user), the line "search took xxx seconds" is obscured.

This line also doesn't appear right away. It seems to be a graphic with some shading and a line, and before it loads there obviously is no line, but once it loads the line is there.

In the attached image, the top part comes from a print screen I took as the page was loading, and the bottom part from a print screen after all the graphics had loaded.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 421
I've noticed some of these problems but thought it was a Firefox thing.

It's because the background image is at a fixed height and that row is higher than the image. It's on my list to fix.

1. Why are the new posts not displaying correctly on my screen?

The most likely reason for this issue is a compatibility problem with your device or browser. Some devices or browsers may not be able to properly display the new posts due to differences in screen resolution or software limitations.

2. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Yes, there are a few potential solutions that may fix the issue. First, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, as these can sometimes cause display problems. If that doesn't work, try accessing the website on a different device or browser. If the problem persists, you can contact the website's technical support team for further assistance.

3. Will this issue affect my ability to interact with the new posts?

In most cases, no. The display problem should not affect your ability to view or interact with the new posts. However, if the issue is severe, it may cause difficulty in navigating or reading the posts.

4. How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to prevent display problems from occurring in the future. However, keeping your device and browser up to date and regularly clearing your cache and cookies can help minimize the chances of encountering this issue.

5. Is this a common problem with the website?

Display problems with new posts can occur on any website, but they are not necessarily common. If you are experiencing this issue, it may be worth checking if others have reported similar problems on the website's support forums or contacting the website's technical support team for further information.