Display Problem in MicroStar Motherboard Based P.C.

• Thread starter rahulkhajuria
  • Start date
In summary, the problem with the display is probably caused by a driver issue and the solution is to uninstall the display driver and set the BIOS setting to the default.
rahulkhajuria
I have a MS-7101 v2.0(865G/GVM3-V) M-ATX mainboard with a Pentium 4 Dual Core CPU based system . RAM is 512 MB (DDR) . However , sometime after I have switched on the P.C. , the screen (display) suddenly starts going bad . pink ,blue ,green & red blocks start appearing on the screen & within seconds the P.C. hangs . Recently I had set all the BIOS settings to Default . I think some setting needs to be changed here . Could you help , please ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm not sure this will solve the problem, but it might be that your display driver is causing problems. What operating system are you running?

I would uninstall the display driver, which will cause the default VGA driver to be used. If that resolves your problems with the screen colors, you can then reinstall the display driver you were using. Better yet, go to the Web site of the manufacturer of you display adapter, and see if there is an updated display driver you can download.

Agreed, sounds like a driver issue to me. You should also update direct X.

I'm running Win Xp Sp2 . The issue seems solved as of now (after a minor setting that I changed in the BIOS) . The settings in the BIOS which I think are related to Display are as follows :
(The x sign in front of an option is the current selection - after I reset the BIOS Settings to Default Factory Settings )

I Under STANDARD CMOS FEATURES :

Video EGA/VGA x
CGA 40
CGA 80
Mono

II Under ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES :

Memory Hole at 15M - 16M Disabled x
Enabled

Init Display First Onboard x
PCI Slot

On Chip VGA Enabled x
Disabled

On Chip Frame Buffer Size 1 MB
8 MB x
16 MB

III UNDER PnP/PCI CONFIGURATION :

Assign IRQ for VGA Enabled
Disabled x
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have again experimented with the last setting , namely "Assign IRQ for VGA" (changed it to "disabled" , the factory default was "enabled" ) , and after this change , the multicolor blocks don't come on the screen anymore . However, the letters seem slightly faded & I guess I'll try with your suggestion about the Device Driver . Meanwhile , tried contacting the Motherboard Company but they haven't given any satisfactory answer . Will try & research through Google if I need to change any more BIOS settings as well . Will try & keep you updated on the issue .

Based on the information provided, it seems like there may be a problem with the graphics card or the connection between the graphics card and the motherboard. I would suggest checking the connections and making sure they are secure. It may also be helpful to update the graphics card drivers and check for any software updates for the motherboard. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to replace the graphics card or seek further assistance from a computer technician.

What is a display problem in MicroStar motherboard based P.C.?

A display problem in a MicroStar motherboard based P.C. refers to any issue that prevents the computer's monitor from properly displaying images, videos, or other content. This can include a blank or flickering screen, distorted or incorrect colors, or no image at all.

What are some common causes of display problems in MicroStar motherboard based P.C.?

Display problems in MicroStar motherboard based P.C.s can be caused by a variety of issues, such as faulty or outdated graphics drivers, a defective graphics card, loose or damaged cables, or a malfunctioning monitor. It can also be caused by software conflicts or errors within the operating system.

How do I troubleshoot display problems in MicroStar motherboard based P.C.?

First, ensure that all cables are securely connected and that the monitor is turned on. Then, try updating the graphics drivers and restarting the computer. If the problem persists, try connecting the monitor to a different device to see if it works properly. If it does, the issue may lie with the computer's graphics card. If none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to seek professional help.

Can display problems in MicroStar motherboard based P.C. be prevented?

While some display problems may be caused by hardware defects, others can be prevented through regular maintenance and updates. Make sure to regularly update your graphics drivers, keep the operating system up-to-date, and check for any loose or damaged cables. Avoid exposing your computer to extreme temperatures or physical damage, as these can also cause display problems.

Should I attempt to fix display problems in MicroStar motherboard based P.C. myself?

If you are not experienced with computer hardware and troubleshooting, it is best to seek professional help for fixing display problems in MicroStar motherboard based P.C.s. Attempting to fix it yourself without the proper knowledge or tools could potentially cause further damage to your computer. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety precautions when attempting any repairs on your own.