Missing Cat: Neighborhood Search Since Sunday

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, her cat has been gone since Sunday and her neighborhood has been covered in flyers because every cat has been reported as lost. Her friend, another cat, has been outside our house meowing since she left. My cat picked the one day to run off when a bobcat and coyote were sighted. I hope she is all right.
Lisa! said:
No just save your life :wink:
No worries. I have lots of hiding places that I can get to before she makes it across the pond.

Physics news on Phys.org
what's this thread come to?!

So what's the news on the cat? Has the cat returned? It's been about a week now.

Poor kitcat :frown:.

no, she's still missing. I can't believe that we haven't gone to the animal shelter yet, but we're going today

today, my dad visited the shelter and we found nothing. we thought we found here and picked a cat up when we realized it had front claws, our cat had her front claws removed

yomamma said:
our cat had her front claws removed
I don't want to make you feel bad by saying this, but that's one of the cruelest things that can be done to a cat. It actually involves surgical removal of the last joint on every toe. Their ability to walk properly is impaired (although it might not be obvious watching them), they can't land as they should from a jump (or a jump-shot, in your case), and they are almost completely defenseless. Besides all that, the recovery period is very painful and it's easy to get an infection whilst digging in the litter box. It's far better to hold the sucker down and go at it with the nail clippers every couple of months.
That being said, I hope you find her soon. I'd freak if Lucy ever got out and took off, so I know what you're going through.