Moderation workload from posts getting edited?

• Thread starter Swamp Thing
  • Start date
Each edit does not automatically trigger an action item for moderators, unless it is reported by another user for changing the original meaning of the post. Moderators have the ability to view post history and reverse any changes made. In summary, editing posts multiple times does not necessarily create more work for moderators, unless it is reported for violating forum policy.
Swamp Thing
Insights Author
I often end up feeling a need to make little corrections to my posts - sometimes several changes to a single post. This happened today, and I it just occurred to me that each edit perhaps triggers an action item for the moderators. I mean, in principle it would have to, because of course an edit could well take the post out of bounds wrt forum policy. Until this occurred to me today, I never bothered about how many edits I did -- but now I'm wondering if this is bad etiquette in terms of making more work for the mods.

Physics news on Phys.org
Swamp Thing said:
each edit perhaps triggers an action item for the moderators.
I believe, no. Not until someone reports the post on the basis that editing has changed the original meaning of the post. Mods can view post history and reverse it. But each edit won't trigger any "action item".

Likes russ_watters, berkeman, Swamp Thing and 1 other person
Wrichik Basu said:
I believe, no. Not until someone reports the post on the basis that editing has changed the original meaning of the post. Mods can view post history and reverse it. But each edit won't trigger any "action item".
Yes, that is indeed how it works.

• Informative
Likes russ_watters, Wrichik Basu, Swamp Thing and 2 others