Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Monolith of unknown civilization found under Mediterranean

1. Aug 4, 2015 #1

Dotini

Gold Member

A man-made megalith, twelve meters in length, 15 tons in weight, sporting several holes and submerged about 9350 years ago was discovered and analyzed. Once again, the capabilities of ancient man prove to be astounding.
    The monument is comparable to those found at Gobekli Tepe.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352409X15300535

1-s2.0-S2352409X15300535-gr4.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2015 #2

DEvens

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Ok. But if you find a glowing cylinder about 1 meter long, that's my ZPM. And I want it back. :smile:

4. Aug 8, 2015 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

5. Aug 11, 2015 #4

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How could prehistoric man have floated this behemoth out to sea and sank it. Why? Did they have help? From whom? What else but alien technology could explain this anomaly? Is the hole in this monolith a portal enabling aliens to come and go at their leisure? Might that explain the historic ufo sightings in this region of the world? I'm auditioning for ancient aliens next season.

6. Aug 12, 2015 #5
    Chances are that it was made on site, and abandoned when the melting ice caps caused the sea to rise round about 8000 years ago.

7. Aug 12, 2015 #6

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook