Multiply all x-values in a list of pairs in Mathematica

  • Topic: Mathematica 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mikezburke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mathematica
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
mikezburke
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
How to do this in Mathematica??

Hi - I am an engineering student who is quite new to Mathematica (v. 6) but I really enjoy it. Lots of examples, easy to just play and figure out how to do something for yourself. Makes beautiful output. However, I have not been able to figure this out...
I am using another program (COMSOL) which will export values from a graph as a text file - eg "Data.txt". I use list1 = ReadList["where_the_file_is_located/Data.txt", {Number, Number}] to read the date into a list. Then I use ListPlot[{list1}, PlotRange -> {0, as_big_as_I_need}] and it plots very nicely.
However, I cannot figure out how to manipulate individual members in my list (i.e. multiply all the x-values [the first "Number"] by something. How can I manipulate all the first or the second "Number(s)" in a list like this?

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org