Museum of Computing and Technology of the Past

  • Thread starter Thread starter jedishrfu
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Messages
15,819
Reaction score
10,709
TL;DR
An online and a physical museum dedicated to preserving vintage computer technology.
I just found this incredible online museum with many vintage computing technologies on display.

It's a real museum in Maryland, but it has this cool website with clear pictures of some of my favorite computing toys:

https://museum.syssrc.com/

They often feature an image, a video, and an emulator, as in this slide rule exhibit:

https://museum.syssrc.com/artifact/exhibits/40/

or the Curta mechanical calculator:

https://museum.syssrc.com/artifact/exhibits/52/

or the ESR Digicomp toys of the 1960s:

https://museum.syssrc.com/artifact/exhibits/210/

https://museum.syssrc.com/artifact/exhibits/213/

or the ESR Dr NIM:

https://museum.syssrc.com/artifact/exhibits/260/

or the ESR Think-a-Dot:

https://museum.syssrc.com/artifact/exhibits/211/
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Reminds me of the Intel Museum here in Silicon Valley (near Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara). I haven't been there yet, but I've always been interested in going. They have a virtual tour available as well, so maybe I'll give that a try. :smile:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/intel-museum.html

1730408372573.png
 
Last edited: