Does your favorite music genre correlate with your favorite science?

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Music Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
18 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
22,170
Reaction score
3,335
There was a discussion on chat whether there was some kind of correlation between science and the kind of music people liked. And since people like to vote on polls, we decided to make a poll about it!

Please vote on your favorite science and your favorite music (choosing more then one science and genre is allowed!)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
my favourite music is traditional Ottoman (turkish) music but not in the list.
I am a professional player of Ottoman (turkish) musical instruments and I am professional singer of Ottoman songs.
 
The no name votes for metal and rock are char's. There is a glitch with the editing.
 
Dubstep and hip hop aren't there, so I voted for jazz.
 
brushman said:
Dubstep and hip hop aren't there, so I voted for jazz.
Yeah, where's hiphop? I like hiphop. Why isn't it there? (I'm on a rant if you haven't noticed. :wink:)
Seems like I'm the only one voted for rap.
I don't care for classical or blues or country, no offense to anybody.

I couldn't decide on the sciences so I voted for all of them. Anything scifi related, but sci means science, so that would be all the choices. :smile:
 
I'm listening to blues right now.

No bluegrass on the list...gasp!
 
Lol...no one has chosen yodeling yet :biggrin:.
 
Physics/Mathematics, Classical/Indie

Pretty much sums up what I do and listen to.
 
lisab said:
Lol...no one has chosen yodeling yet :biggrin:.

Haha, this is interesting; he has yodeling, but he doesn't have hip hop or bluegrass.
 
Wheres Computer Science?!
I chose, Physics/Mathematics/Engineering/Classical/Rock/ and Metal! \m/ :D
 
I don't really have favorites in these categories but I chose physics and classical. I can play some classical for you, but most people would rather hear me doing physics.
 
Last edited:
Pythagorean said:
Bluegrass biophysics

I wish that were a choice, as I'd have voted for it in a heartbeat, hammock and all.
 
What no votes for country yet?

Math / Trance <-- however I normally listen to rock.
 
Metal and Biology. Although it was a close for the study. I was stuck between that and Mathematics.
 
I like physics and like classical music. Have any of you tried sufi songs or indian classical by zakir hussain, hariprasad chaurasia and ravi shankar