My fantasy story idea with photon particles

unsaint32
I'm a fantasy writer and I am twisting and almost bending science in my story. I see no harm in it, and if you agree, I would like to ask for help.

I'm writing a fantasy novel where the protagonist must battle an army of strange creatures. I say strange because these creatures are made of photonic molecules. If you are not familiar with photonic molecules, here is a Youtube link.

In the story, a mad scientist uses an artificial intelligence technology, photon particles, rubidium atom cloud, and thousands of motorized micro-mirrors to create photon molecules which then get turn into photonic polymers which become the building blocks of living photonic creatures.

In a desperate move, the protagonist uses fire, rain drops, and a small quantity of rubidium to obliterate the entire army of these photonic creatures. But I can't quite fudge the science enough to make it somewhat plausible. I thought about the photon particles from the fire interact with rubidium gas in the open air which happens to be raining, to create some unstable oscillation runaway scenario. Some other thoughts I had are lightning charge, resonant frequency, radioactivity of the rubidium.

Any suggestion/feedback would be appreciated. If I do use your idea in my story, I will duly credit you as the source.

Physics news on Phys.org
Or perhaps you could use a light beam (laser or otherwise) to create destructive interference to destroy the photonic matter. It probably should be limited to something akin to a flesh wound, but it might be something to consider.

-Dan

Likes AlexB23

1. What are photon particles?

Photon particles are elementary particles that make up light. They have no mass and travel at the speed of light. They also have wave-like properties and can behave as both particles and waves.

2. How are photon particles related to fantasy stories?

In fantasy stories, photon particles are often used as a source of magical energy or as a means of transportation. They can also be portrayed as mystical beings or creatures with special abilities.

3. Can photon particles really exist in a fantasy world?

While photon particles do exist in our universe, their portrayal in fantasy stories is purely fictional. However, as a scientist, it is always important to keep an open mind and consider the possibilities of alternative universes or dimensions where photon particles may exist in different forms.

4. How can photon particles be used in a fantasy story?

Photon particles can be used in a variety of ways in a fantasy story. They can be harnessed for magical spells, used as a source of power for advanced technology, or even manipulated by characters with special abilities. The possibilities are endless!

5. Are there any real-life applications of photon particles?

Yes, there are many real-life applications of photon particles. They are used in various technologies such as solar panels, lasers, and fiber optics. They also play a crucial role in understanding the behavior of light and the universe as a whole.