Medical My research about ageing: the notebook

1. I open this thread with the intention of sharing part of my work and observations with the users of physicsforums. My name is Jose and I've spent thousands of hours trying to understand why we age.
    I know, it's a complex mechanism and it needs a lot of work to start seeing some results.

I started about 7 years ago and I keep reading and thinking all my free time. It's my big "hobby".
    I work in the health profession, not as researcher but in other field.

I hope all of you enjoy this and we would share our opinions.
  2. jcsd
  3. Ygggdrasil

Ygggdrasil 1,824
    Science Advisor

Welcome to PF, Jose. Aging is definitely a very complicated problem in the biomedical sciences, and it is definitely a very active area of research. The journal Cell published a pretty nice review article last year that gives a fairly comprehensive view of the current state of research into aging, and is probably a good starting point for those interested in learning more about the biological mechanisms underlying aging.

Here's the abstract of the review article. The citation is below:
    López-Otín et al. 2013. The Hallmarks of Aging. Cell 153: 1194. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2013.05.039
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted