My Video Art (fractals, video feedback loops, etc)

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's video art that is inspired by physics concepts such as diffraction patterns, fractals, and video feedback loops. They recommend checking out their website to see screenshots of their films and provide a link to their "demo-reel" which is 12 hours long. The other person compliments the fractals and the speaker explains how they create them.
mister mishka
Hey, I just thought I would share some of my video art. They are meant to be visuals going alongside Techno / House music in the nightclubs of Berlin. However I got a lot of ideas from reading up on physics, like diffraction patterns, fractals, polarization of light / materials, lenses, video feedback loops, and so on. I guess it might be interesting for some of you to see, the only editing involved is cutting out bits of unwanted footage.

The video is my "demo-reel" and is a total of 12 hours long (162 films), so I would recommend checking out my website where I show screenshots of each film (hover your mouse over or click on an image to see its file number). Once you find the clip you like, click on its corresponding timestamp in the youtube description.

Here are the screenshots of my films:

http://www.mistermishka.com/stills.html

And here is the actual film:

^^

Likes Wilson Donald Rohan and berkeman
Science news on Phys.org
Thanks, yeah those video feedback fractals were fun to make. Once things are balanced correctly, you just add (or subtract) light in a certain timing and then the whole video evolves on its own. So it kind of feels like it creates its own life, but usually things always end up in these specific fractal patterns.

1. What is video art?

Video art is a form of art that utilizes video and audio technology to create visual and auditory experiences. It can include a variety of techniques such as fractals, video feedback loops, and other forms of digital manipulation.

2. How are fractals used in video art?

Fractals are used in video art to create repeating patterns and shapes that are self-similar at different scales. These patterns can add a sense of complexity and movement to the video, making it visually appealing and engaging.

3. What are video feedback loops?

Video feedback loops are created when a video camera captures its own output, creating an infinite loop of images. This technique can produce mesmerizing and abstract visuals, often used in video art to create a sense of distortion and disorientation.

4. How is video art different from traditional forms of art?

Video art differs from traditional forms of art in that it uses technology and digital media to create an experience for the audience. It often includes elements of motion, sound, and interactivity, blurring the boundaries between different art forms.

5. Are there any notable artists in the field of video art?

Yes, there are many notable artists in the field of video art, including Nam June Paik, Bill Viola, and Pipilotti Rist. These artists have pushed the boundaries of video art and have gained recognition for their innovative and thought-provoking works.