My wife's computer won't log on to the bank account

  • Thread starter Thread starter yungman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Computer Log
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
yungman
Messages
5,741
Reaction score
291
My wife cannot log onto Wells Fargo account. She talked to the WF assistants, they directed her to delete cookies and history. Still doesn't work. She tried on my computer, it works. So problem is on her computer.

She uses FireFox, I went in, deleted ALL history( thousands of them), I deleted all the cookies and instruct FireFox to delete cookies every time it closes. Still doesn't work. Any suggestion?

I tried telling her the computer hate her, that doesn't help either!

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wrichik Basu said:
Have you tried any other browser? Maybe also try uninstalling and re-installing Firefox.
Yes, I just about to post, she can get in no problem on Chrome. Should I re-install FireFox?
Thanks
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
yungman said:
Should I re-install FireFox?
Try it. Sometimes built-up cache causes these problems, and that is not cleared even if you clear all cookies/browsing history.
 
I've had lots of sites warning that my version of the firefox browser is no longer supported.
 
Did you delete "Saved Logins"?
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Did you delete "Saved Logins"?
No, we never even save the password.

Thanks
 
Popup blockers and ad blockers can defeat the login process.
 
I hate to ask this but...

What happens when she tries to log in? Is there any error message?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sysprog
Vanadium 50 said:
I hate to ask this but...

What happens when she tries to log in? Is there any error message?
No, it just say thank you and log out!

Thanks, it's working with Chrome, I am going to reload FireFox for her in two days. Grandson is visiting for two days, he'll be going back to college Wednesday, so I am not going to do anything before that, it's not urgent anymore. Worst comes to worst is stay with Chrome.

Thanks
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Wrichik Basu