Narcisism- how often do you look at your own profile?

Main Question or Discussion Point

thought this would be kinda fun.

How often do you look at your own profile, or reread your posts over and over again just to marvel at your genius?

Answers and Replies

collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Within the first day I reread my posts frequently, mostly to double check spelling/grammar, and to make sure that my intended thoughts were communicated succinctly. That way I can make edits if I flubbed my words. But after that, I usually won't look at the posts unless I want to privately laugh at myself.

We have profiles? (That rings a bell, but I don't think I've looked at that in a really long time.)

RonL
Gold Member

How often do you look at your own profile, or reread your posts over and over again just to marvel at your genius?
My genius stays buried in my mind, I can never seem to put the correct words out, I read my post in disbelief of some things I say and I use the profile function most times to see who I might be responding to.

It takes me forever! to write a "proper" Physics Forum post, and often learn a fair bit in the process, sometimes resulting in me not needing to post or realizing my perspective was "wrong".

It would be genius (comparatively...to my actual ability ;) if all my posts were first draft/initial thought. Though at times I do marvel at my "new found" knowledge, or re-read my prior posts to reclaim lost/forgotten Special relativity concepts/perspectives.

I havent set up my profile actually, but im sure if i did id be admiring it all the time :P
Recently ive found myself re-reading my posts on this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/integral-of-1-x-ln-x-or.788556/
maybe its a problem.
Id have to say 99% of my posts i end up editing, but whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction.

I havent set up my profile actually, but im sure if i did id be admiring it all the time :P
Recently ive found myself re-reading my posts on this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/integral-of-1-x-ln-x-or.788556/
maybe its a problem.
Id have to say 99% of my posts i end up editing, but whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction.
lol I'm so good at making points!!

....whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction. what about trying to argue the other side / counter point? Nothing like "one-uping" yourself.

russ_watters
Mentor
Once, when Greg made me upload an avatar photo.

I look much more often profiles of other forum members.

That, I do believe, is what they were meant for. :D

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Me too, and sometimes I use mine as a bridge from one member to another.

I checked it out when we made the change to PF 4.0, too.

RonL
Gold Member

???? :)

I've checked your profile more than once :oldsmile:

WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
I've checked your profile more than once :oldsmile:
Bro that just sounds creepy.

But yeah I basically stare at my profile 24/7.

Bro that just sounds creepy.
If you ask me, it would sound more creapier & weirder if I had checked few times yours profile instead of her ;)

once I know that it's a girl I usually check out her profile.:cool:

Matterwave
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't visit my own profile that often. But I do revisit my own posts, to marvel at my own genius, as you suggest. I also have a mirror on my desk which I constantly stare into to marvel at my own handsomeness. Sometimes I kiss it...gently.

Of course, I just became a member of physics forums although I have been on the websites a few times before signing up. I look at the profiles of other people who I think are geniuses or "geniuses" because they inspire me. I also look at the posts and profiles of other people because I long for academic advice everyday.

I don't visit my own profile that often. But I do revisit my own posts, to marvel at my own genius, as you suggest. I also have a mirror on my desk which I constantly stare into to marvel at my own handsomeness. Sometimes I kiss it...gently.
lmao you just took it to a whole 'nother level there :P

Matterwave
Science Advisor
Gold Member
lmao you just took it to a whole 'nother level there :P
I get distracted by myself whenever I walk by a reflective surface... being this handsome is both a blessing and a curse. #justtoogoodlooking#canttakemyeyesoffofmyself

I look at myself in the mirror and go "damn, look at those muscles, boy! Too bad, I'm straight."

Lisa!
Gold Member
Thanks to your thread, I just did!:biggrin:

Last edited:
I look at myself in the mirror and go "damn, look at those muscles, boy! Too bad, I'm straight."
:DD

Lol, this reminds me of silence of the lambs "would you f me? Id f me" :DD

I changed my avatar I realized the last one was just a little too gay for me ( and im bi so yes, I find myself very sexy XD)

I changed my avatar I realized the last one was just a little too gay for me ( and im bi so yes, I find myself very sexy XD)
What ? Your avatar looks good! it's totally gayless as far as I can see ! :DD