Narcisism- how often do you look at your own profile?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DivergentSpectrum
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
24 replies · 3K views
DivergentSpectrum
Messages
149
Reaction score
15
thought this would be kinda fun.

How often do you look at your own profile, or reread your posts over and over again just to marvel at your genius?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Within the first day I reread my posts frequently, mostly to double check spelling/grammar, and to make sure that my intended thoughts were communicated succinctly. That way I can make edits if I flubbed my words. But after that, I usually won't look at the posts unless I want to privately laugh at myself.

We have profiles? (That rings a bell, but I don't think I've looked at that in a really long time.)
 
DivergentSpectrum said:
thought this would be kinda fun.

How often do you look at your own profile, or reread your posts over and over again just to marvel at your genius?
My genius stays buried in my mind, I can never seem to put the correct words out, I read my post in disbelief of some things I say and I use the profile function most times to see who I might be responding to.
 
DivergentSpectrum said:
thought this would be kinda fun.

How often do you look at your own profile, or reread your posts over and over again just to marvel at your genius?

It takes me forever! to write a "proper" Physics Forum post, and often learn a fair bit in the process, sometimes resulting in me not needing to post or realizing my perspective was "wrong".

It would be genius (comparatively...to my actual ability ;) if all my posts were first draft/initial thought. Though at times I do marvel at my "new found" knowledge, or re-read my prior posts to reclaim lost/forgotten Special relativity concepts/perspectives.
 
DivergentSpectrum said:
I haven't set up my profile actually, but I am sure if i did id be admiring it all the time :P
Recently I've found myself re-reading my posts on this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/integral-of-1-x-ln-x-or.788556/
maybe its a problem.
Id have to say 99% of my posts i end up editing, but whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction.

lol I'm so good at making points!

...whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction. what about trying to argue the other side / counter point? Nothing like "one-uping" yourself.
 
I look much more often profiles of other forum members.
 
zoki85 said:
I look much more often profiles of other forum members.

That, I do believe, is what they were meant for. :D
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: lisab
zoki85 said:
I look much more often profiles of other forum members.
Me too, and sometimes I use mine as a bridge from one member to another.

I checked it out when we made the change to PF 4.0, too.
 
lisab said:
Me too, and sometimes I use mine as a bridge from one member to another.

I checked it out when we made the change to PF 4.0, too.
? :)
 
lisab said:
Me too, and sometimes I use mine as a bridge from one member to another.

I checked it out when we made the change to PF 4.0, too.
I've checked your profile more than once :oldsmile:
 
zoki85 said:
I've checked your profile more than once :oldsmile:

Bro that just sounds creepy.

But yeah I basically stare at my profile 24/7.
 
WannabeNewton said:
Bro that just sounds creepy.
If you ask me, it would sound more creapier & weirder if I had checked few times yours profile instead of her ;)
 
once I know that it's a girl I usually check out her profile.:cool:
 
I don't visit my own profile that often. But I do revisit my own posts, to marvel at my own genius, as you suggest. I also have a mirror on my desk which I constantly stare into to marvel at my own handsomeness. Sometimes I kiss it...gently.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DivergentSpectrum
Of course, I just became a member of physics forums although I have been on the websites a few times before signing up. I look at the profiles of other people who I think are geniuses or "geniuses" because they inspire me. I also look at the posts and profiles of other people because I long for academic advice everyday.
 
Matterwave said:
I don't visit my own profile that often. But I do revisit my own posts, to marvel at my own genius, as you suggest. I also have a mirror on my desk which I constantly stare into to marvel at my own handsomeness. Sometimes I kiss it...gently.
lmao you just took it to a whole 'nother level there :P
 
DivergentSpectrum said:
lmao you just took it to a whole 'nother level there :P

I get distracted by myself whenever I walk by a reflective surface... being this handsome is both a blessing and a curse. #justtoogoodlooking#canttakemyeyesoffofmyself
 
I look at myself in the mirror and go "damn, look at those muscles, boy! Too bad, I'm straight."
 
Thanks to your thread, I just did!:biggrin:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Medicol
nuuskur said:
I look at myself in the mirror and go "damn, look at those muscles, boy! Too bad, I'm straight."
:DD
 
Lol, this reminds me of silence of the lambs "would you f me? Id f me" :DD
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Medicol
I changed my avatar I realized the last one was just a little too gay for me ( and I am bi so yes, I find myself very sexy XD)
 
DivergentSpectrum said:
I changed my avatar I realized the last one was just a little too gay for me ( and I am bi so yes, I find myself very sexy XD)
What ? Your avatar looks good! it's totally gayless as far as I can see ! :DD