Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How often do you get financial advice?

1. Apr 25, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

How often do you get financial advice? i have reams and reams of paper work but have no idea how much money i have, the last time i went to the bank was about three years ago,
    i guess i am stupid but i hate dealing with these things.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2008 #2
    About every 4 months I poke my head into the bank and check on things. I plan to work harder to keep everything in order. My Mother passed away last week, and my Bother joined her yesterday. My Mothers estate is well planned, no problems there. My Brothers is going to be a nightmare for his children. I don't want my family to go through all of that.

4. Apr 25, 2008 #3

wolram

Gold Member

So sorry for your loss hypatia, i hope you are holding up ok.

5. Apr 25, 2008 #4
    As best as can be, thank you. I'm really very worried about my 82 yr old father, hes really unconsolable.

6. Apr 25, 2008 #5
    Just about every bank I know has online account access. I know how much I have just about every day. I rarely goto the physical bank anymore.

7. Apr 25, 2008 #6

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear this, hypatia. I went through something similar several years ago.

Take care.

8. Apr 25, 2008 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Same here. Between online access and monthly bank statements, I have little reason to physically enter a bank. Though, I do live in a small enough town that the bank manager calls once a year just to check in and make sure all is okay, which is a nice touch. I only go in person if I want to change around accounts.

Hypatia, my condolences on your loss.

9. Apr 25, 2008 #8

wolram

Gold Member

I can not trust on line banking, i know it is silly but that is me, i have booked an appointment
    to see a bank advisor, mainly to find out how my investments are doing, and to find out which of these papers i collected i have to keep, i really should not trust myself with money.

10. Apr 26, 2008 #9
    The CAB will help put you in touch with independent financial advisers, they will also give you hints and tips to deal with finance issues. They'll even write letters to banks to tell them to pack it in. They're good like that.

11. Apr 27, 2008 #10
    Don't we all just looooove bankers ???

I sure do !!!!

I work in a bank, so i got all the info i need on a daily basis.
    Aside that, nearly every bank should have an online service where you can get access to whatever data you need.

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?