Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nastiest thing you've said to someone

1. Jan 18, 2008 #1
    What is the nastiest thing you've said to someone and did you regret saying it?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I can't remember ever saying anything really mean to anyone (on a personal level).

4. Jan 18, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I once called Evo a Bush supporter, which I deeply regret.

5. Jan 18, 2008 #4

Evo

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

6. Jan 18, 2008 #5

russ_watters

I once called a close friend a hippie. He's actually a libertarian. Too mean. Oh, wait - here he is now! [you have no idea how long I've been waiting for an excuse to post this pic]

Something I don't regret but probably should, I was in a political discussion with some friends at a bar and somehow PETA came up. The discussion was rather general, when I commented that PETA is a terrorist organization. One of my friends then whipped-out her PETA membership card and slammed it down on the table. How embarassing for her.

Attached Files:

7. Jan 18, 2008 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For some reason some people call me a hippie. Even random strangers in the street. I can't fathom why. :uhh:

8. Jan 18, 2008 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't think this is the "nastiest" thing I've ever said to anyone, but it certainly did get the most chuckles:

"It's too bad that, unlike a TV, you do not have a brightness knob!"

Zz.

9. Jan 18, 2008 #8
    ^^^

that sounds like hippie talk to me

10. Jan 18, 2008 #9

russ_watters

I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally don't want to know the context of that conversation!

11. Jan 18, 2008 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He's the one you call a hippie?! :rofl:

Oops.

I'm not usually nasty to people, and can't recall anything I've said that was nasty, just things that have turned out to be embarrassing. Did that today completely by accident, joking about how late my intern and grad student stayed out last night (it only came up as conversation because they were both hanging onto coffee mugs for dear life) and commented that when the intern wasn't home before I went to sleep (she's staying in my guest room), I just thought maybe they'd hit it off better than I expected and she wasn't coming home at all last night...I got the guiltiest, most red-faced reactions from the both of them to that comment.

12. Jan 18, 2008 #11
    You know...I lost track of what the meanest thing I've ever said to someone is. Could we narrow the category?

13. Jan 18, 2008 #12
    I had a co-worker make a sexual comment to me. So I called him a ...go-sa-nv-hi {toad} with u-do-hi-yu gu-le {very tiny acorn nuts}. He asked me what it ment and i told him if Ihalf to say it in english I would half to kick him there too.

14. Jan 19, 2008 #13

russ_watters

It's his own fault - he supported Ron Paul for a little while. I need to come up with a nickname for the young, nerdy people who support him (Time did an article about them...). "Paulies", maybe?

15. Jan 19, 2008 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Oh, YES!! Please DO!! We really need a LOT more name-calling around here!!

16. Jan 19, 2008 #15
    I highly doubt any of them are possible to post here.

17. Jan 19, 2008 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Russ thinks that anyone who didn't vote for Bush is a hippie!!! :rofl:

18. Jan 19, 2008 #17

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Being a teacher, I regularly have to choke back words that my ID wants to yell at some of my students. I've been doing a good job in that department, and I'm glad to say I have not ever said anything that was deliberately insulting (there are, however, people who choose to be insulted by anything other than over-the-top, full-steam, blithering compliments).

But all those choked-back insults come out in my dreams, occasionally, where for no real provocation I start yelling horrible, well-crafted pejoratives at a person who really doesn't deserve it. And no, it does not make me feel better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?