Natalee Holloway Suspect Sought in Peru Murder

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Joran van der Sloot, the 22-year-old Dutch playboy twice arrested in the mysterious disappearance of American Natalee Holloway, has been named the prime suspect in the death of a young Peruvian woman found dead in a Lima hotel today, five days after she disappeared. Officials believe Flores was killed exactly five years after Holloway's May 30, 2005, disappearance, and that her death may be connected to van der Sloot's involvement in the Holloway case.
Castilla said:
There is a mistake in previous posts.

In Peru, death penalty applies only "in case of betrayal to the country during a war with an external enemy".

I am peruvian.

Yes, they alluded to this in the news report, but it wasn't clear that this applied to both cases. Apparently assasination qualifies as betrayal?

How is betrayal defined?

Physics news on Phys.org
I found this description of "betrayal to the country" in a peruvian legally-oriented web page: "To favour the external enemy during war, supplying him with any data, procedure, issue, document or object that may be used to damage the national defense".

Obviously, it does not apply to Van der Sloot.

Castilla said:
Obviously, it does not apply to Van der Sloot.

No. By both cases I meant the cases of assasination and treason.

Just curious.

Monique said:
I wouldn't take anything he says seriously, given his history with interviews.
I was being facetious. He's just trying to get out of a stiffer sentence by saying he didn't mean to do it. IMO

Back