Where are Physics Forums members from?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sganesh88
  • Start date Start date

What country are you from?


  • Total voters
    131
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
57 replies · 8K views
sganesh88
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Hi
Just curious over the distribution of nationalities here in PF. Can we create a poll regarding this? Generally which country's people are more here?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm pretty sure this has been done before, but it's been a while.

I'm American, in Washington state (no, not Washington DC - think Seattle, Microsoft, Boeing, Space Needle, Nirvana, lots and lots of rain, Starbucks...etc. :smile:).
 
It has been awhile, I'm sure demographics have changed.

We have 10 categories I can put into a poll.

Recommendations?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Few americans, asians, europeans, and some aliens.
 
Evo said:
I has been awhile, I'm sure demographics have changed.

We have 10 categories I can put into a poll.

Recommendations?

Good. Do that Evo.! :smile:
 
rootX said:
...and some aliens.

Drat! You had my hopes up...I tried to find the alien option in the poll. :biggrin:

We've had less poll options in the past, so aside from demographics shifting, there were even more missing choices in past polls. We probably still need an "other" category.
 
France is in the list, but Germany isn't? Are you trying to re-start the Franco-Prussian War? :rolleyes:
 
Btw, I don't see a "Germany" option in the poll...

Edit: jtbell, you were faster... ;-)
 
There are a lot of countries still missing. Perhaps we needed regions rather than countries so we'd have a chance of being more inclusive with the number of options available.
 
Germany is on there.

I started doing eastern europe, western europe, northern europe...

It's a work in progress.
 
Thanks Evo. Is there a way to present this poll in the home page of PF so that members logging in could vote before they start visiting the threads? That would ensure a good vote count. But I don't think that's possible.
Anyway great work. :)
 
I voted for the US because the Middle East is not a country. And also because I am a US national.
 
4% of PF's members are from Norway. :smile:
 
arildno said:
4% of PF's members are from Norway. :smile:

Unfortunately that has decreased to 2.7% right now, while the Netherlands is on 5.7%
 
I think very few members of PF are aware of this poll. :sad:
 
sganesh88 said:
I think very few members of PF are aware of this poll. :sad:

We've had them, at least 4 previous polls..:smile:
 
Cyclovenom said:
Thanks to whoever put Dominican Republic there! :!)
You can thank Kurdt, when I was making the poll, he said "don't forget Cyclovenum".

sganesh88 said:
Thanks Evo. Is there a way to present this poll in the home page of PF so that members logging in could vote before they start visiting the threads? That would ensure a good vote count. But I don't think that's possible.
Anyway great work. :)
We could move it to Forum Feedback. I'll let it stay here for a few days first.
 
jimmysnyder said:
I voted for the US because the Middle East is not a country. And also because I am a US national.
Africa and South America aren't countries either. It was a necessity to add regions/continents. With only 20 slots, I had to compromise. Ireland isn't on there, oops.
 
O Canada!
Our home and native land.
True patriot love in all thy sons command

:smile: i love my country.
 
rootX said:
Few americans, asians, europeans, and [STRIKE]some aliens[/STRIKE].

how did you know?! I tried my best to hide my identity
 
I have dual nationality, South African (not on the list) and UK, but UK is only a technicality as I was born and raised in SA, but have a British dad. I'm not polling until SA is added to the list :)-
 
arildno said:
Eric of Pomerania was a NORWEGIAN king first

Hmmm... given that you have been my only exposure to Norweeds, I thought that you were all queens. :wink:
Anyhow, I'm Canuck all the way. Having seen Sorry! sing, I can understand his name. You can tell right away that either he's tone-deaf or he has a sprained finger.

Evo said:
I started doing eastern europe, western europe, northern europe...

It's a work in progress.

We don't particularly want to hear about your sex life; this is a population poll.
 
Last edited:
where do you guys come from?

I love this forum. It seems that all people here are experts. I am just curious about which cities/universities do you guys come from?