Need a "keyboard shortcut" to change selected text's "text color" in G

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Change Color
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 2K views
JDD
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I use the GMail web interface, in Firefox, for all my email needs.


I frequently change the color of text that I quoted from the Sender in my GMail replies.


Example:


Hi,


You wrote, ". . . a;sdkfjasl;fkjasl;kfj . . . ,"


and I just want to say that I agree totally.


I'm having to select the Sender's text and then mouse & click to change its color
and this is tedious.


I need a keyboard shortcut to change selected text to, say, black, from my default
color of blue.


Ideas?


Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
robphy said:
If you use Windows, you could write a https://www.autohotkey.com/ AHK script to do it

essentially... think of how to do it with a sequence of mouse clicks, hotkeys, etc...
and then try to write an AHK script to do it

possibly helpful sources of ideas :
https://groups.google.com/yyyyyyyg/microsoft.public.onenote/c/Zp2Uzo41zI4
https://jacks-autohotkey-blog.com/2...-with-this-input-command-ploy-autohotkey-tip/

Two things:

1) I use both Mac's and pc's so I need help with both platforms,
2) I am not a coder, but I can follow directions. If I get clear
directions I can make it work!

Know of any step-by-step instructions ?

Thanks!
 
JDD said:
Know of any step-by-step instructions ?
Sorry, for these things, it's trial and error based on my current setup.
[I study a tedious operation that I've been doing, then think about how to automate it.]

For something more universal and more platform independent, maybe there's a script (using javascript or greasemonkey ) or a browser add-on.