1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Algebra Studying Resource Help (Thanks)

1. Jun 2, 2017 #1
    About to start reviewing for a math test but it has been ages since I was in school. Hoping some of you math savants could help me out.

Will hope to understand and be able to complete these two exams. Starting with the first one below. (Do you guys know of a better exam to test and know Alegra?) These two looked fairly in-depth and comprehensive.

https://cms.springbranchisd.com/Por...ebra I B Review.pdf?ver=2015-06-18-150512-263

http://www.atlantiscs.org/wp-content/uploads/Summer-Math-Entering-GR.-11-Honors.pdf

My weak spot is factoring, in particular, factoring radicals. If anyone knows a great source online that breaks it down in a simple way let me know.

About to begin doing the problems. Will ask here when I get stuck.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out. Much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2017 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The first hyperlinked item seems mostly intermediate algebra, and the second linked item obviously is introductory algebra. Consider spending maybe 2 or 3 months reviewing intermediate algebra from your favorite textbook (real hard-bound copy). Everything should come back to you with study/restudy and practice.

4. Jun 2, 2017 #3
    Wish I had that much time. Gotta be a crash course review.

Thanks, so I will focus on the first exam.

5. Jun 2, 2017 #4

PeroK

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. Jun 2, 2017 #5

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Also www.mathispower4u.com has a series of short ten minute videos on specific topics in Algebra. You could checkout the ones on factoring and if they work out check others as you run into problems. Each video usually does one to two problems in full so you can start and stop the video as you try to work them out for yourself.

7. Jun 2, 2017 #6

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

If just that is your weak spot or the weak area, then review from whatever sources, rules of exponents. That is essentially what factoring is or at least a large part of it. You want to relearn factoring and products, and the way notation for radicals works. Radicals are just another way of showing rational exponents. You would not really need two-or-more months to review this; just maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

8. Jun 5, 2017 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted