Need help finding textbook - see these scanned problems

• Thread starter gfm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbook
In summary, the conversation discusses finding a textbook for a physics course based on scanned problems included in a link. The recommendation is to visit the Oregon State University website and check the physics department section for the instructor's notes and references. However, it is noted that the webpage for the course may not be a reliable source for textbook recommendations.
gfm
Need help finding textbook -- see these scanned problems

Does anyone know the textbook(s) that the scanned problems in the link below are taken from?

http://www.physics.oregonstate.edu/~tgiebult/COURSES/ph441/hmwk/441hw4s.pdf

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Physics news on Phys.org
It looks like the attachment was pasted together from several different sources.

I would suggest you go to the Oregon State University website and check the physics department section and see if you can find the instructor who assigned this HW. There may be additional references or notes there.

If you cut a couple of items off the URL you get to this page

http://www.physics.oregonstate.edu/~tgiebult/COURSES/ph441/

I assume it comes from the texts mentioned for the class but that could be wrong.

Of course when someone makes a webpage like that it's hard to take their textbook recommendations seriously :tongue2:

1. What is the best way to find a textbook online?

The best way to find a textbook online is to use a search engine or a dedicated textbook search website. You can also check the websites of major book retailers or online marketplaces for the specific textbook you are looking for.

2. How can I find scanned problems from a textbook?

You can try searching for the textbook title along with keywords like "scanned problems" or "solutions manual." Alternatively, you can ask your teacher, classmates, or online forums for help in finding scanned problems from your textbook.

3. Are there any websites that offer free scanned problems from textbooks?

Yes, there are websites that offer free scanned problems from textbooks, such as Course Hero, Chegg, and Slader. However, keep in mind that these websites may not have every textbook and the quality of the scanned materials may vary.

4. Is it legal to use scanned problems from a textbook for studying purposes?

It is generally considered legal to use scanned problems from a textbook for studying purposes, as long as you do not distribute or sell them. However, it is always best to check the copyright laws in your country to ensure you are not infringing on any rights.

5. What should I do if I cannot find scanned problems from my textbook?

If you cannot find scanned problems from your textbook, you can try reaching out to the publisher or author of the textbook to see if they have a solutions manual or additional resources. You can also try working through practice problems in the textbook or seeking help from a tutor or teacher.