Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help Policy Number? Insurance

Tags:
  1. Apr 21, 2008 #1
    Need help!!! Policy Number? Insurance ...

Ok, I have my card infront of me.

I have: subscriber id, group number, payer id, and card number ... but not "Policy Number"

Which is it? Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2008 #2

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I would guess that you were really looking for Physicians Corp of America (whose domain name has been acquired by a robotics company), Physicians Mutual, Physicians Reciprical, or the Psychic Hotline (don't they have a special program called "In Search of Lost Objects"?)

Considering we don't even know what insurance company you're talking about, the chances of answering your question are pretty small. Even with the company name, you'd probably need to rely on someone who had insurance from the same company.

(My trash collectors changed their system, making it vary hard to figure out how our old account numbers carry over into their new system. In their case, they at least offered a page on their website explaining how to enter your "new" number based off of your old "account number" when paying bills on-line.)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  4. Apr 21, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

On insurance forms, I've been told to use my "subscriber ID" when it asks for the Policy number.

Your card should have a toll free number on it, call them and ask which to use.

5. Apr 21, 2008 #4

Danger

Gold Member

It must be a regional matter. Both my Alberta Health insurance and my car insurance have a policy number clearly printed on them.

6. Apr 21, 2008 #5
    Certainly, it's that great big region to the south of Canada. My AB Health and my car insurance both have a policy number on them as well.

7. Apr 21, 2008 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Ahhh, the Gamma Quadrant. We just keep our shields maintained and pretend that it doesn't exist. :biggrin:

8. Apr 21, 2008 #7
    If we ignore them, will they go away?

9. Apr 21, 2008 #8

Danger

Gold Member

I'm still hoping, but it hasn't worked yet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?