Need help with algebra, me, i beg you

• Thread starter i-love-physics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra
In summary, the individual is seeking help with quadratic equations for an upcoming math exam. They provide two specific questions and ask for assistance in turning them into quadratic equations and finding the value of L. The first question is not a quadratic equation and the second one is solved by factoring L and dividing both sides by a specific value. The individual expresses gratitude for any help.
need help with algebra, please help me, i beg you

hey guys

I have a exam on monday on maths and i am having trouble with quadradic equations.

the 2 questions i am having trouble with are as follows:

L/2 = x +60 how do i turn this into a quadradic equation??

i know the formula for quadradic equations but i can't put 2 and 2 together and i would greatly appreciated if someone could just show me how to do it.

also another question is

-33.34 + L = 0.8334 x L

how do i find out what L is?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
For the first, what is L and x? Because it's not a quadratic equation.

for the second
-33.34 + L = 0.8334 x L

Assuming x is multiplication, subtract L from both sides.

-33.34 = .8334*L - L = L*(.8334 - 1) (by factoring L)

So divide both sides by .8334-1 yields your answer

Office_Shredder said:
For the first, what is L and x? Because it's not a quadratic equation.

for the second

-33.34 + L = 0.8334 x L

Assuming x is multiplication, subtract L from both sides.

-33.34 = .8334*L - L = L*(.8334 - 1) (by factoring L)

So divide both sides by .8334-1 yields your answer

thank you kind sir.

1. What is algebra?

Algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with symbols and the rules for manipulating those symbols to solve equations and express mathematical relationships.

2. Why is algebra important?

Algebra is important because it helps us understand and solve real-world problems, make predictions, and analyze data. It is also a fundamental building block for higher-level mathematics and scientific fields.

3. How can I improve my algebra skills?

Practice is key to improving your algebra skills. You can also seek help from a tutor or use online resources and practice problems to strengthen your understanding of algebra concepts.

4. What are some common algebraic equations?

Some common algebraic equations include linear equations (y=mx+b), quadratic equations (ax^2 + bx + c = 0), and systems of equations (x + y = 5, 2x - 3y = 10).

5. How can I solve a difficult algebra problem?

There are many problem-solving strategies for algebra, but a common approach is to start by simplifying the problem and breaking it down into smaller, more manageable steps. You can also try plugging in numbers or using real-world examples to help you understand the problem better.

Suggested for: Need help with algebra, me, i beg you

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies