1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need One More Class for Next Fall

1. Apr 4, 2012 #1
    I am a rising senior Physics Major who needs one more class to meet the credit hour requirement to keep my scholarship. These are the class that fit into my schedule that my adviser told me to look at:

Intro to Software Engineering - really just advanced C++, UML use, memory management, and implementation of data structures.

Algebraic Structures - your typical algebraic structure class

Circuits - A low level EE class about circuits with a lab. My adviser said this may help in build testing apparatus for the upper level physics lab I am taking.

I am also open to any recommendations from anyone here.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2012 #2
    Are all of these classes on your required list or are they all elective courses? I would take something that fulfills a degree requirement for your next year over something that doesn't, given the choice. If they are all equal in this regard, then I would choose either circuits or software engineering.

Circuits was a very involved and difficult class for me when I took it, and I never use that material anymore in my day to day work. Anything with programming would have been more helpful to me because I still write programs routinely. Had I gone into a different specialty then everything might have been reversed.

Either way I think both have a lot of merit.

4. Apr 5, 2012 #3
    They are all elective courses. Thanks for your input

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook