Should i register for one more class?

• Thread starter sutupidmath
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, based on your information and that of other third years in your program, I would recommend registering for English Composition I if you only wish to add one more course.
sutupidmath
Should i register for one more class??

Hi all again, i had a similar thread somewhere but slightly different. I registred for classes today and i took for this spring semester: Calculus I, Elementary functions, Statistics I, Exploring the arts and sciences, and i am in a big dilema whether i should add one more cours or not. What i am thinking is to register for Introduction to Phylosopy, or English Composition I, preferably the first one. So what do you guys think, will it be to much of a load for me if i registred for one more class?? By the way, what do you think of Introduction to Phylosophy is it a class worth to register for, remember i am a math major??
thnx in advance

P.S. The deadline to register or drop a class is this friday, so any suggestions before this day would be really appreciated because i am in a reall jam.

Physics news on Phys.org
You only have 3 classes. I would took both those classes you mention, but meh. Anyway, isn't English Composition Required at some point?

PowerIso said:
You only have 3 classes. I would took both those classes you mention, but meh. Anyway, isn't English Composition Required at some point?
Well i have 4 classes up to now. Yes, English Composition is required, and so are required to fullfill 6 credit hours on humanities, including phylosophy etc.

don't you need to take 5 classes a semester to graduate in 4 years?

yes indeed i have to take 5 classes to graduate in 4 years, but i was planning to later take about 6 classes. As long as this is my first semester and i must maintain a gpa of over 3.5 in order for my scholarship to be renwed, i thought just not to put to much effort now, and just see how it will turn out.

I'd say go ask an academic advisor.

most schools require that you take a certain number of classes to be full time, be sure your in compliance with that

otherwise if its your first semester I strongly recommend taking it easy, if there are core classes like calc and such that your supposed to take this semester to be on track then do those but either take fewer classes or easier ones than the 5 courses that are required of you in your first semester.I wish I had done this my first semester, I had come from a decent cc where the work load was comparable to what I would find later, however when it came to my first semester I signed up for 4 hard math/physics classes and a gen ed, I was prepared for the workload, but what I wasn't prepared for were the conflicting desires present in the first semester in dorms ad such. I ended up doing so poorly that I was put on academic probation (essentially a 1 semester grace period to pull your grades up or you get kicked out) I did far better in my second semester on a much larger workload (4 junior level classes) and was taken off academic probation.at some point in your college career your going to want to be wild and crazy and d all th things you've seen in the movies and such, its much better if you do that in the first semester and get it over with than if you do it later and have to go back and make things up.

sutupidmath said:
Hi all again, i had a similar thread somewhere but slightly different. I registred for classes today and i took for this spring semester: Calculus I, Elementary functions, Statistics I, Exploring the arts and sciences, and i am in a big dilema whether i should add one more cours or not. What i am thinking is to register for Introduction to Phylosopy, or English Composition I, preferably the first one. So what do you guys think, will it be to much of a load for me if i registred for one more class?? By the way, what do you think of Introduction to Phylosophy is it a class worth to register for, remember i am a math major??
thnx in advance

P.S. The deadline to register or drop a class is this friday, so any suggestions before this day would be really appreciated because i am in a reall jam.

As another response advised, please talk to your academic advisor before making any final decisions.

However, as a third year engineering student I think I may be able to give you some sound advice to consider.

I would recommend taking Composition I if you choose to add only one more course.

One quality that can quickly make you stand out from the other students in any program is your ability to write well and communicate your ideas in a clear and professional manner.

Consider taking your social elective later, and put forth extra effort into not only mastering the mechanics of composition, but also the process of critical thinking required to form arguments and express your ideas.

When other students are panicking over the assigned Philosophy paper and the ten page Physics lab writeup both due the same week as a major Calculus test, you will be calm and confident in your abilities.

If you are an aspiring engineering major, the ability to write well can often be the deciding factor between two students of similar mathematical ability when competing for spots on desirable projects and research.

It won't be as fun as calculus or physics, but you won't regret putting in the hard work once you see the results.

Good luck to you.

David

Well, thanks a lot for your advices and suggestions guys.

Related to Should i register for one more class?

1. Should I register for one more class?

The answer to this question depends on your individual circumstances and goals. Consider factors such as workload, time management, and your academic goals before making a decision.

2. How will registering for one more class affect my GPA?

Adding one more class to your workload may increase your academic responsibilities and potentially impact your GPA. It is important to carefully consider your ability to handle the additional coursework before registering for another class.

3. Will registering for one more class delay my graduation?

This will depend on your degree requirements and the availability of the class. It is important to consult with your academic advisor to determine if adding another class will affect your graduation timeline.

4. Can I handle the workload if I register for one more class?

This question is subjective and will vary for each individual. Consider your current workload, time management skills, and ability to handle stress before deciding if you can handle one more class.

5. Are there any benefits to registering for one more class?

The benefits of registering for one more class could include completing your degree requirements earlier, gaining additional knowledge and skills, and potentially improving your GPA. However, it is important to weigh these potential benefits against the potential impact on your workload and academic performance.