1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need switchable mp3/audio player (repost)

1. Apr 9, 2008 #1
    I think I posted this to the wrong thread before so will need to remove it from the Engineering one.

I'm not sure what it's called, but I need an mp3 or audio player that will allow me to select which track I want to play with the push of a few simultaneous buttons.

The tracks will be little 2-5 second snippets of a certain voice saying a phrase.

So if I pushed button 1 & 2 together, it would play track 1 for instance, and then stop.

I think the input could be called a chordic keyboard, which I could make using small pushbuttons in a handheld unit. I just need an mp3 player that responds to the various inputs. I might have up to 100 tracks, the longest of which might be 30 seconds or a minute.

I looked online, and one site wanted around $500 for a programmable unit. I don't need it programmable, just multi-selectable. I can solder or wire if needed.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted