Neutron Star EoS: Find the Equation of State

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a good equation of state for a neutron star, and the use of equations involving P and ε. The participant shares a research paper and suggests using the website Ads-Harvard for finding references in astrophysics.
Leonardo Machado
Hello everyone.
I'm looking for an good equation of state for a neutron star, I'm starting with a degenerate neutron gas, but i have nothing to compare my results, I've search on the internet for it but haven't success. May you guys could have any graph of it to help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I mean, I'm using the equations:

P=Mn c² Φ(x) / 8π²λ³ and ε= Mn c² Ψ(x) / 8π²λ³

Fully, for a neutron gas

I don't know if you already found something, but maybe this can help: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1305.3510.pdf (or references there in)

Moreover, whenever you need to find some good reference in Astrophysics try using this search website: Ads-Harvard
I looked for "equation of state neutron star", and these are the results: link

Likes Leonardo Machado
amarante said:
I don't know if you already found something, but maybe this can help: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1305.3510.pdf (or references there in)

Moreover, whenever you need to find some good reference in Astrophysics try using this search website: Ads-Harvard
I looked for "equation of state neutron star", and these are the results: link

Thanks for the website friend, it will be userfull

1. What is the equation of state for a neutron star?

The equation of state (EoS) for a neutron star represents the relationship between the density, pressure, and energy density of matter inside the star. It describes how the properties of matter change as it becomes more compressed under the intense gravitational force of the star.

2. Why is it important to find the equation of state for a neutron star?

Finding the EoS for a neutron star is crucial for understanding the physical processes that occur within these dense objects. It can also provide insights into the fundamental properties of matter at extreme densities and pressures, which can have implications for other areas of physics, such as nuclear physics and astrophysics.

3. How is the equation of state for a neutron star determined?

The EoS for a neutron star can be determined through a combination of theoretical calculations and observations. Theoretical models use equations from nuclear and particle physics to describe the behavior of matter at high densities, while observations of neutron stars, such as their masses and radii, can help constrain and test these models.

4. Can the equation of state for a neutron star change over time?

The EoS for a neutron star is believed to remain constant throughout the star's lifetime, as long as there are no major changes in its composition or physical conditions. However, some models suggest that the EoS may change slightly as the star evolves and cools over millions of years.

5. How does the equation of state for a neutron star affect its properties?

The EoS for a neutron star plays a critical role in determining its properties, including its mass, radius, and internal structure. For example, a stiffer EoS will result in a larger, more massive neutron star, while a softer EoS will lead to a smaller, less massive star. It also affects the star's behavior in extreme events, such as mergers and supernovae explosions.