New In tube end forming practices -- Can I downsize and then upsize a pipe end?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Amol Joshi
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
In tube end forming practices, is it possible to first reduce the diameter of the pipe (tube 0.9mm thick) and then expand it, at the same end, by about 1mm in total, with a transistion radius of 8mm ?
Please see attached image. Though it might be exaggerated, but the image should suffice.
I want to know the feasibility of it.
Material is Ferritic Steel. Of diameter 55 OD. The sizing is
1: Reducing to 50.6 ID and then
2. Expanding by 1mm diametrically.

Thank You.
 
Attachments
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Bystander said:
Yes.
Could you please give me some more information or links to resources I can refer.

Thank You.