Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Member Looking for Some Guidance Through the Wonderful World of Physics

1. Aug 28, 2011 #1
    I apologise greatly if this thread has been posted before, I had a look around and couldn't find anything similar. If I come across as ignorant, I apologise in advance.

I used to enjoy physics back at school, but then changed to do a course on Computer Science. I later got diagnosed wit ha learnign disability which went unnoticed until recently. Due to now knowing about it, I can learn much faster and enjoy learning much more. I reached Higher physics,chemistry and mathematics from the SQA. I wish to learn properly as a hobby.

Is it possible for someone to help guide me to introductions to each of the main feilds in each science, so that I have a starting point and basic understanding of the general aspects?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2011 #2
    Greetings from another "noobie'.

You might wish to read the thread entitled "Junkyard Physics" to learn from my experience.

Anyway.......welcome and good luck.

4. Aug 28, 2011 #3
    Thank you very much, I will go read that now.
    Also, Welcome to you too.

5. Aug 29, 2011 #4
    I apologise if this post is considered spam, I just would like to attempt to bring this thread to attention of those in a different time zone which could lead to me receiving more answers.

6. Aug 29, 2011 #5
    I think you will find the "hyperphysics" web site useful.Try googling.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook