Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

'New Posts' does not work in Firefox

1. Mar 1, 2008 #1
    I've been on and off lately on this forum, but a couple of days ago, when I clicked on the PF button on my browsers' toolbar (which, BTW, links to https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?do=getnew), I got the following message.

And I also got it when I clicked on "New Posts" and the top of PF page - all this when I had close to 15 pages of unread posts. And I still get the same message two days later. Incidentally, this doesn't happen in Opera, only in Firefox.

Why is this happening? :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2008 #2
    It's alright for me and I am on firefox, it must be the settings.

4. Mar 1, 2008 #3
    Which settings? This started happening "all of a sudden" to the best of my knowledge.

5. Mar 1, 2008 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Try clearing your cache: Tools/Options/Network

Hope that helps.

6. Mar 1, 2008 #5
    It's Edit->Preferences for me (Linux), but it worked! Yay! Thanks, turbo. I think this was the first time I had to use "clear cache" solution to set something right on PF. :biggrin:

7. Mar 1, 2008 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Glad to be of help.

8. Mar 1, 2008 #7
    It's about 12 hours since I made that last post, and it's happening again. Clearing the cache worked, but it's too soon for the problem to crop up again.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?