New registration for existing member after recurrent login problems

• Thread starter Ken Fabos
  • Start date
In summary, the user registered a new account using the same username and email address, but experienced login problems. Greg merged the accounts and sent the user a password reset message.
Ken Fabos
Not a new member and more a lurker than regular poster, but after recent repeated attempts to logon I registered a new account - using the same details. Hope this doesn't cause Admin any problems. Ken.

Physics news on Phys.org
We will help you figure out the login problems. Please give us a day to figure it out. You will likely receive some PM messages, so please watch for them. Thanks. :smile:

Small correction - not sure the username is exactly the same. Could have been Ken Fabos, possibly with underscore between.

You can use a PF search to find your old username. Use the SEARCH link in the upper right, and try searching on the variations of your old username that you think you remember. Thanks.

Yes, search using Ken Fabos brings up past posts. I had been attempting to log in using email address rather than username but kept getting message that no such user could be found. Did I try Ken Fabos? I thought I did amongst other attempts. I did send an email request but got no reply... unless it got diverted to spam.

I logged out of the new account and attempted to login with the original, couldn't get password right and sent a reset request, then got "Oops" type messages trying to login with new password. That experiment may have complicated things - conflict because there are two members with same email?

I will leave it to you to tell me how to proceed; having the history that is attached to the original account would be good, but not essential from my POV.

Wooshka! Okay, just use the new login and I'll run interference with the PF AI in case it flags your new account. Crazy!

Likes dlgoff
berkeman said:
and I'll run interference with the PF AI
Are you sure it's artificial, @berkeman 🤔 Or is it more brains in a (metaphorical) jar!

Ken Fabos said:
I logged out of the new account and attempted to login with the original, couldn't get password right and sent a reset request, then got "Oops" type messages trying to login with new password. That experiment may have complicated things - conflict because there are two members with same email?
Greg just now merged your two accounts and sent you a password reset message. Hopefully that fixes you right up! :smile:

Likes Wrichik Basu

1. What is the purpose of a new registration for an existing member after recurrent login problems?

The purpose of a new registration for an existing member after recurrent login problems is to provide a solution for members who are having trouble logging into their account. It allows them to create a new account with the same information and access their account without any further issues.

2. How does a new registration for an existing member after recurrent login problems work?

A new registration for an existing member after recurrent login problems works by creating a new account for the member using the same email address and other information they previously used. This allows them to access their account with a new login and password.

3. Is a new registration for an existing member after recurrent login problems secure?

Yes, a new registration for an existing member after recurrent login problems is secure. The member's information is still protected and only they have access to their account with the new login and password.

4. Do I need to provide any additional information for a new registration after recurrent login problems?

No, you do not need to provide any additional information for a new registration after recurrent login problems. The new account will be created using the same information that was previously used for the existing account.

5. Can I still access my old account after creating a new registration for an existing member after recurrent login problems?

No, once a new registration is created for an existing member after recurrent login problems, the old account will no longer be accessible. It is recommended to save any important information from the old account before creating a new one.