New Theory of Gravity? Find Out What It Is!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Entropee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gravity Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Entropee
Gold Member
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
New theory of gravity?

Hey guys, so today my Dad and his business partner were talking about this new theory that replaces gravity or something. They said it was pretty popular right now and the math was still being tested but they couldn't remember the name of it. I tried to look for it on google but found nothing that I thought was credible. If anyone know what I'm talking about or has any links they could offer I would appreciate it. Maybe it's old news, I don't know, I have kind of been slacking on keeping up with the latest physics news and all.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


It is almost impossible to read minds (I've tried, and not very good at it). So who knows what they could be talking about. I'm almost guessing that it was the brouhaha surrounding the Verlinde's claim which somehow is getting some free press publicity.

This is already being discussed here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=415011

It is FAR from being accepted, and certainly has not replaced gravity.

Next time, we would prefer a less ambiguous sources or references.

Zz.
 


Yeah my bad lol, they said they herd it on national public radio so I thought I'd look it up, thanks ZapperZ, sorry about the sources haha.
 


Our current model of gravity is in general relativity right?