New to PF, looking for advice on undergraduate research

• Thread starter frozenyak12
  • Start date
In summary, for those new to the world of undergraduate research, it is important to identify your research interests and goals, connect with faculty members and peers, and take advantage of resources such as workshops and conferences. It is also crucial to maintain good time management skills and communication with your research team. Additionally, don't be afraid to seek advice and guidance from experienced researchers and make the most of the learning opportunities that come with conducting research. With dedication and perseverance, undergraduate research can be a rewarding and valuable experience.
frozenyak12
Hi everyone,
Im going to be a second year Applied Physics and Math student in the fall. I spent my freshman year working with a professor researching applications of titanium nanotubes. It was a great experience but I am looking for new opportunities to continue exploring the many concentrations of physics that our out there. I would love to get involved in independent research like many students do, but I don't know what areas/topics would be appropriate for a student of my experience level to investigate. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF.

Try posting your questions in the Academic Guidance forum. This forum here is just for New Member Introductions. Good luck! :smile: