What can a newcomer to astronomy bring to the table?

• Thread starter Ironmanlet
  • Start date
In summary, Joe is a stargazer and amateur astrophotographer. He was at fort rucker AL for flight training and visited Rucker to present a short course on IR techniques and countermeasures.
Ironmanlet
Hey guys. I just found this forum and I am pretty excited about it. I feel I really have a lot to offer and a lot to learn so I am excited to be here.

I have a number of telescopes and love stargazing. I have written articles for magazines and have had images published in magazines as well.

I am Joe.

A few pics I have taken.

This was with a Nikon D3200 DSLR. 300mm lens with as high of an f stop as possible. (I think it was like f-26). I had UV and polarizing filters on it. Partial solar eclipse back in November of 14. I was at fort rucker AL.
ifn91c.jpg
one of my rigs. Orion sky quest. 12 inch objective with intelliscope navigation (I only use when I do public star parties)

j0b9u0.jpg

Jupiter of course

n327wg.jpg
I love all things astronomy. looking forward to learning from you all.

Likes Andy Resnick, Greg Bernhardt and davenn
Astronomy news on Phys.org
hey there Joe,

welcome to PF :smile:
good pix from you well done

Tis good to see some one else experimenting and taking astrophotos
There's several of us on here that are into serious amateur astrophotography
and you are sure to get to know them as time goes bye
some names ... Russ Watters, Andy Resnick, and myself to name 3 :smile:

cheers
Dave

Awesome. Thanks Dave. will be on the look out to get to know you guys and pick your brains and learn from your experience. While I do like to take pictures, I am more about simply observing (as I am sure most of you are). I am not a good photographer, but enjoy it. Either way, this forum will be good for me and I am sincerely happy I found it. I know I can learn a lot here. Which is a huge priority in my life.

Likes davenn
I love it man. so glad to have found this forum.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Ironmanlet said:
<snip> I was at fort rucker AL.

Nice- when? I worked at Eglin AFB for a year (1998-ish) and visited Rucker to present a short course on IR techniques and countermeasures. I got a tour of the base and a few aircraft- I can't imagine piloting helicopters in good weather, never mind at night whilst being shot at...

Likes Ironmanlet
awesome. Thanks for sharing. I was there for initial rotary wing flight training from Nov 2013 to about Jul 2015. I love it because of how technical it is. Not just about physically flying, but mental aspects as well. Like you are for familiar with yourself, we have know how all of the systems work and go into detail about it.

What does "Newcomer with things to offer" mean?

"Newcomer with things to offer" refers to someone who is new to a particular field or area, but has valuable skills, knowledge, or resources to contribute.

How can a "Newcomer with things to offer" benefit a team or project?

A "Newcomer with things to offer" can bring fresh perspectives, diverse ideas, and unique experiences to a team or project. They may also have specialized skills or knowledge that can enhance the overall performance and success of the team.

What are some examples of "things to offer" that a newcomer might bring?

"Things to offer" can vary greatly depending on the individual and the context, but some examples might include technical skills, creative thinking, cultural insights, problem-solving abilities, or access to new networks or resources.

How can a team or organization make the most of a "Newcomer with things to offer"?

To fully harness the potential of a "Newcomer with things to offer," it is important for the team or organization to create a welcoming and inclusive environment. This can include actively seeking out their input and ideas, providing opportunities for growth and development, and valuing their unique contributions.

What can a "Newcomer with things to offer" do to integrate into a team or organization?

A "Newcomer with things to offer" can take steps to actively engage with their team or organization, such as asking questions, offering to help with tasks, and participating in team meetings and activities. They can also be open to feedback and willing to learn from their colleagues.