NEWS FLASH: Speed record broken

• Praise
  • Thread starter ghwellsjr
  • Start date
In summary, a new speed record has been broken on the relativity forum with over 56,625 views and 37,303 views. However, this record is not officially accepted unless it meets certain criteria. Despite this, the thread has a chance to break another record for number of posts. It is rare for someone to have the opportunity to break the same record twice, but the user jokingly mentions having their 1,000-post-birthday twice due to some of their posts being deleted.
ghwellsjr
Science Advisor
Gold Member
NEWS FLASH: Speed record broken!

Yes, it's true, right here on the relativity forum, three records have been broken.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=532620" as the record for the most views (over 56,625 views compared to 37,303 views).

Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

We don't accept new records unless they are 5-sigma AND reproduced by an independent group :tongue2:

Yeah! Does this mean that OP turbo gets a prize and lots of dough!?

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

ghwellsjr said:
When in the history of the world has anybody gotten a chance to break the same record twice?

... I don't know ... Italy ... c ... neutrinos ... huh ... :uhh:

P.S. I just remembered that I actually have had my 1,000-post-birthday twice, it was fun. Does it count?

Last edited:

You mean because some of your posts on that thread got deleted?

When compared with initial activity in Fukushima threads in Nuclear Engineering, neutrino thread - even in its best moments - was just slow.

ghwellsjr said:
You mean because some of your posts on that thread got deleted?

Eh well... it might not have been on that particular thread... a lot of my posts gets delete... :blushing:

(sorry, lame joke, but the truth is I had a longer break, and couldn’t remember any deletion, so it was in fact a surprise)

1. What was the previous speed record that was broken?

The previous speed record that was broken was 760 miles per hour, set by the ThrustSSC in 1997.

2. Who broke the speed record?

The speed record was broken by the Bloodhound LSR team, led by driver Andy Green.

3. What vehicle was used to break the speed record?

The Bloodhound LSR (Land Speed Record) vehicle was used to break the speed record. It is a jet-powered car that is 44 feet long and weighs 7 tons.

4. Where did the speed record breaking take place?

The speed record breaking took place at the Hakskeenpan desert track in South Africa.

5. How fast was the new speed record?

The new speed record was 763 miles per hour, beating the previous record by 3 miles per hour.