Nightmares/Scary Dreams, What's Yours?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dreams
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 48K views
I remember the last two weeks of last semester... Every single day when my alarm clock woke me up, I was horribly stressed out and worrying about this and this deadline. Then about twenty minutes later when I got up and went to take a shower, I realized that everything I thought was completely false... So everyday I worried like hell for nothing :/
 
Physics news on Phys.org
?

I had this 1 dream not to long ago where there was this mental disturbed girl and she was in my class, so I would notice her in the halls all alone. Then all of a sudden my life fastforwards to when I'm 35 years old and a detective that was investigating a case where that girl was still the same age but her mom had died so I went to question her and asked her what had happened and she said that a burgaler had came into her house and stabed her but the report had said that she was strangled so I confronted her and then she replied well than i don't know. So I rewind to when I'm in school again and this popular girl was making fun of her. Then the bell rang and I ended up on the top of a buiding and the girl and the bully were both there so the popular girl again starts to laugh at her.So the girl grabs the popular girl and flips her over the building then the SWAT team pops from behind me like they had been there the whole time and took a machine gun and shot the girl like 60 times.So I run of to her and she's breathing deeply and bleeding profusly ( I'm 35 at this time) I am on my knees and holding her in my arms and she said "no one cared for me anyway" and then I said "I care about you" then she looked up at me. And when she did I almost cried.And she died, I woke up.

But the thing was that I never really saw the girl, and I don't remember what she looks like. And also I don't even know this girl so I don't understand how I cared about her.

And in the dream how I switched different ages but the dream was still about her??
I just don't understand
 
I used to have nightmares quite frequently about being at the beach as a huge tsunami approaches. I would always try to run away from it, but inevitably would be caught by it and drown (at which point I would wake up). Finally, I was able to provide a bit of lucid dreaming and willed myself to run toward the wave. Turned out the wave became nothing and merely got my feet a little wet. I haven't had that nightmare since.
 
When I was about 7-8 y.o., I had a vivid recurring nightmare. I would see a thin horizontal black line on a white background. As I looked more closely, I saw that it was not a continuous line, but a row of tiny black dots marching from right to left. Then the dots became "aware" that I was watching and stopped suddenly, then the line of dots rushed in my direction and I became horrified as I realized that the dot directly in front of me was going to engulf me, and I woke up screaming. I had that exact same nightmare periodically for probably 2-3 years. I have no idea where that one came from, nor any idea why I was so convinced that I would be obliterated by the black dot. I would always wake up screaming as the dot got so close (big) that it filled my field of vision with blackness.
 
My worst dream lately was that I dreamt I was in the world of Elder scrolls:Morrowind and I found this book I had to give to some mage and so proceeded to do so(I was all excited in the dream)I woke up and for some reason this trivial fact resided with me so I thought: well I haven't played it in a while, perhaps it's about time I gave that book to the mage because I'm sure I found it elsewhere...

Sure enough there it was, but when I met the guy who wanted it and talked to him about it he just told me where to find it over and over again, so in frustration at the obvious game bug, I dropped the Chronicles of Nehluft(a book that cost me 200gp I might add) purposefully and then because my fingers rolled over the wrong keys I cast lightning at it, unfortunately lighting rebounds off concrete, and I hit both the head of The Mages Guild and the book worm, who then killed me for my accidental fit of pique.

The dual morals of this story are a) I should get out more and b) never listen to your dreams as some sort of prophecy, they could turn your life into a nightmare for real! :eek::wink::smile:
 
Last edited:
i have two recurring nightmares, that I'm crashing a car and that I'm still waiting tables
 
Evo said:
In my dream, this kid I'd never seen runs up to me and starts stabbing me in the chest with a large knife. I must have had the same dream 4 times in one night.

The next morning, it had rained. I was holding my books in front of me and walked looking down to try to avoid stepping in large puddles, when suddenly, I walked straight into a guy. I looked up into his eyes and we both let out a startled gasp and turned and ran. He was the guy that had tried to stab me in my dreams all night, he apparently was just as afraid of me. I will never forget looking straight into the face of my murderer, although it was a dream murderer. I have no explanation for what happened.
I realize this post is over a year old, but I have a rational explanation for why the guy was afraid of you. Facial expressions of fear and anger/aggression are not that far apart, and this poor guy probably laid eyes on you for the first time to see a look on your face that startled the hell out of him.
 
You guys are wimps. lol I live for scary dreams!