Who is SammyS? A Look at the 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference

• Thread starter SammyS
  • Start date
In summary, SammyS is a pseudonym used by a scientist who attended the 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference, a scientific conference focusing on the HITRAN database and its crucial role in understanding atmospheric and planetary processes. The topics discussed at the conference included updates and improvements to the database, new applications of the data, and future developments and collaborations. While primarily intended for scientists and researchers, the conference is open to anyone with an interest in atmospheric and planetary research.
SammyS
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I joined PF slightly more than 8 years ago. I finally got around to posting a profile photo.

Likes Searra Mascaro, OmCheeto and YoungPhysicist
Physics news on Phys.org
lol nice one Sammy! Anyone want to explain the physics keeping the spoons on your face? :biggrin:

SammyS said:
I joined PF slightly more than 8 years ago. I finally got around to posting a profile photo.

You ought to see a doctor about those facial abnormalities!

Likes Wrichik Basu, SammyS and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
lol nice one Sammy! Anyone want to explain the physics keeping the spoons on your face? :biggrin:
@SammyS Maybe photoshopped?:woot:

Greg Bernhardt said:
... Anyone want to explain the physics keeping the spoons on your face? :biggrin:

Young physicist said:
@SammyS Maybe photoshopped?:woot:
Photoshopped ?
Not a chance !

I may look for corroborating photos.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Anyone want to explain the physics keeping the spoons on your face? :biggrin:
Super glue. o0)

Likes YoungPhysicist
SammyS said:
Photoshopped ?
Not a chance !

I may look for corroborating photos.
Perhaps you shot the picture through a clear glass and you press the spoon onto your face?

Another photo:
Taken at the 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference (2006)​
HiTran 2008 Spoon.jpg

Attachments

• HiTran 2008 Spoon.jpg
    HiTran 2008 Spoon.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 174
Likes Wrichik Basu and Charles Link

1. Who is SammyS?

SammyS is a pseudonym used by a scientist who attended the 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference. The real identity of SammyS is not publicly known.

2. What is the 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference?

The 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference is a scientific conference that focuses on the HITRAN database, which contains spectroscopic parameters for molecules relevant to atmospheric and planetary research. It is held every two years and brings together scientists from around the world to discuss the latest developments and applications of the HITRAN database.

3. Why is the HITRAN database important?

The HITRAN database is important because it provides essential spectroscopic data for molecules that are crucial for understanding atmospheric and planetary processes. This data is used in a wide range of applications, including climate research, remote sensing, and atmospheric modeling.

4. What topics were discussed at the 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference?

The 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference covered a variety of topics related to the HITRAN database, including updates and improvements to the database, new applications of the data, and discussions on future developments and collaborations.

5. Can anyone attend the 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference?

The 9th Biennial HITRAN Conference is primarily intended for scientists and researchers who work with the HITRAN database. However, anyone with an interest in atmospheric and planetary research is welcome to attend. Registration and fees may be required.