Not getting anything in this subject Information system-:

In summary: They make their money by charging for the services they provide to manage and collect the information. They make their money by selling the information to people who want to use it in ways that the company can earn a commission for.There is big business now in just collecting and selling information. They make their money by charging for the services they provide to manage and collect the information. They make their money by selling the information to people who want to use it in ways that the company can earn a commission for.
shivajikobardan
Homework Statement
not getting anything.
Relevant Equations
none
no resources to study except 2 slides and 1 badly written unauthentic book.
Teacher was extremely bad. He just read one of those slides. But no complains. It is pretty normal where I live.
1646051721515.png

1646051741435.png

I am not getting an overview of what are these slides trying to tell to me. Application control means specified controls for each application. I don't understand really anything.

https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~als/mis10e/learniingtrakchapters/MIS_10E_CH08_LT1.pdf
there is just 1 resources about this as well. which is same as my book which has copied from that.

Physics news on Phys.org
These slides seem clear to me. They are describing how a computer application or program should be designed. The overview is that there are three broad areas of concern:
  • validating the data that comes into the program
  • validating the calculations done in the program
  • validating the results that the program produces
The bullet points under each of these areas break down the actions that apply to the three areas listed above. What exactly seems unclear to you?

Likes sysprog and shivajikobardan
Mark44 said:
These slides seem clear to me. They are describing how a computer application or program should be designed. The overview is that there are three broad areas of concern:
  • validating the data that comes into the program
  • validating the calculations done in the program
  • validating the results that the program produces
The bullet points under each of these areas break down the actions that apply to the three areas listed above. What exactly seems unclear to you?
I now get it after referring to a different slide. thanks for your feedback they mean exactly what you are telling. i don't understand why would they teach sth vague like this to students.

shivajikobardan said:
I now get it after referring to a different slide. thanks for your feedback they mean exactly what you are telling. i don't understand why would they teach sth vague like this to students.
Again, these ideas are straightforward and common sense. I don't see anything vague about them.

shivajikobardan said:
They are vague so that they can include the multitude of different methods that are used. The only way to make it less vague would be to give several specific examples.

Likes shivajikobardan
Perhaps when you have had a few more lectures, where the teacher shows examples of an information system, it will all make a lot more sense. To me, it looks quite clear - things you have to do to be sure you are inputting accurate data, and, checking it and retrieving it. All of which are important for any such system, even a relatively simple one.

If you want to see examples of information systems, just look at businesses that collect information: medical records systems, school records, police records, social security, the IRS, business sales, etc., etc., etc.,
In fact, there is big business now in just collecting and selling information.

1. Why am I not understanding anything in this subject Information System?

There could be several reasons for not understanding a subject. It could be due to lack of interest, inadequate study materials, or difficulty in grasping the concepts. It is essential to identify the root cause and address it accordingly. Seek help from your teacher or classmates, and try to find alternative resources such as online tutorials or textbooks.

2. What should I do if I am struggling to keep up with the course material in Information System?

If you are struggling to keep up with the course material, it is essential to communicate with your teacher. They can provide additional resources or offer extra help outside of class. It is also crucial to manage your time effectively and prioritize studying for this subject. Seek help from classmates or join a study group to better understand the material.

3. Is it normal to find Information System difficult?

Every student has their strengths and weaknesses, and it is normal to find certain subjects more challenging than others. However, it is essential to put in the effort to understand the material and seek help when needed. With dedication and persistence, you can improve your understanding of the subject.

4. How can I improve my understanding of Information System?

To improve your understanding of Information System, you can try different study techniques such as taking notes, creating flashcards, or practicing with sample problems. It is also helpful to seek guidance from your teacher, attend review sessions, and actively participate in class discussions. Consistent effort and practice are key to improving your understanding of any subject.

5. What are the career opportunities for Information System graduates?

Information System is a diverse field with various career opportunities. Graduates can work as system analysts, database administrators, software developers, or IT consultants in various industries such as healthcare, finance, or technology. With the increasing demand for technology in the workplace, the job market for Information System graduates is expected to grow in the coming years.