Not logged in on linked pages

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue where the speaker is not logged in when following links within Physics Forums to another thread. They mention not having their login credentials set to remember in their browser and question the validity of their session when accessing new pages. They also mention using this method as a way to discourage using Physics Forums while at work. The expert summarizes that the speaker may need cookies for both the main site and the specific thread in order to stay logged in.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
When I follow links within PF to another thread, I am not logged in on those pages.

Now, it is true that I have my login creds not set to remember in my browser, so that I have to login every time I come to the site*, but I would think that, as long as my logged in page is still visible, then my session is still valid, meaning new pages should also open with me logged in.

Am I misunderstanding browsing sessions, cookies and logins?

*as a way of discouraging PFing while at work - guess how effective it is...

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What does "Not logged in on linked pages" mean?

"Not logged in on linked pages" refers to the lack of a user login status on pages that are linked to a website. This means that the user has not authenticated themselves on those linked pages and may not have access to certain features or content.

2. Why does "Not logged in on linked pages" occur?

"Not logged in on linked pages" can occur for a variety of reasons, including not having an account on the linked pages, not being logged in on those pages, or not having the necessary permissions to access the linked pages.

3. How does "Not logged in on linked pages" affect my browsing experience?

If you are not logged in on linked pages, you may not be able to access certain features or content on those pages. This can limit your browsing experience and prevent you from fully utilizing the website's functionality.

4. Can I change my login status on linked pages?

Yes, you can change your login status on linked pages by creating an account or logging in with an existing account. However, this may not be possible on all linked pages, as it depends on the website's policies and permissions.

5. Is "Not logged in on linked pages" a security risk?

In most cases, "Not logged in on linked pages" is not a security risk. However, if the linked pages contain sensitive information or require a login for security purposes, not being logged in may pose a risk. It is important to only access linked pages from trusted sources to ensure your online security.