Not that I care that much, but post count sticking at 31

• Thread starter kings7
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the post count system on the forum and how posts in certain sections do not count towards the overall count. There is some confusion about which sections count and which do not, but the issue has been resolved by removing post counts from the affected forums.
kings7
Unless I have to have register for the upgraded PF, I'm not sure what's happening. Again, it's obviously not that a big of a deal but it would be nice to see that I'm contributing more than what's being shown! :(

Any ideas? If it's something simple and stupid I apologize in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just to show you, I'm posting yet again. Before I made this thread it was at 31. And for like the last two weeks, even though I've had many long discussions in the Philosophy forums, General Math, Politics, Computer Science, and others.

I always stay logged in, and everything else seems to update correctly. It's so strange.

Posts made in General Discussion, Politics & World Affairs, and Forum Feedback do not count.

Posts in the "PF Lounge" forums do not count towards your post count. This includes General Discussion, Philosophy, etc.

Zz.

Thank you all. I tried finding where that was written, but couldn't. Much appreciated.

ZapperZ said:
Posts in the "PF Lounge" forums do not count towards your post count. This includes General Discussion, Philosophy, etc.

Zz.
Philosophy posts count, as do S&D.

Greg are you going to remove post counts for these to bring them in line with the rest of GD?

Evo said:

Darn it! They shouldn't!

{ZapperZ runs and hides}

:)

Zz.

Evo said:

Greg are you going to remove post counts for these to bring them in line with the rest of GD?

fixed

What does "post count sticking at 31" mean?

"Post count sticking at 31" refers to a situation where a user's post count on a forum or social media platform remains at 31, regardless of how many new posts they make. This can be seen as a technical glitch or a limitation imposed by the platform.

Why does the post count stick at 31?

The exact reason for this issue can vary, but it is often caused by a coding or algorithm error in the website or platform. It can also be due to a limit set by the platform to prevent spam or excessive posting.

Is the post count issue permanent?

In most cases, the post count issue is temporary and will be resolved by the platform or website's developers. However, if it persists for an extended period of time, it is best to reach out to the platform's support team for assistance.

Does the post count issue affect my account or posts?

The post count issue is typically a display error and does not affect your account or posts in any way. Your posts will still be visible to others and your account will function normally, aside from the post count remaining at 31.

How can I fix the post count issue?

Unfortunately, as a user, there is not much you can do to fix the post count issue. However, you can try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache to see if that resolves the issue. If not, it is best to report the issue to the platform's support team for further assistance.