Number of revolutions a disk has made after a given time

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
FGCUgrl11
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
1. A computer hard disk starts from rest, then speeds up with angular acceleration of 218 rad/s^2 until it reaches its final angular speed of 6660rpm. How many revolutions has the disk made 10.1s after it starts up?



3. The Attempt at a Solution .
I have no idea how to find the number of revolutions in the time given with what appers to be a changing acceleration rate. I am unsure what is going on or how to solve this problem. Please help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
FGCUgrl11 said:
1. A computer hard disk starts from rest, then speeds up with angular acceleration of 218 rad/s^2 until it reaches its final angular speed of 6660rpm. How many revolutions has the disk made 10.1s after it starts up?
3. The Attempt at a Solution .
I have no idea how to find the number of revolutions in the time given with what appers to be a changing acceleration rate. I am unsure what is going on or how to solve this problem. Please help!


this is a constant angular acceleration problem. does that help? It has that constant acceleration until it reaches that speed, and after that, the acceleration equals zero.