Octavia Nasr tweets her way out of CNN

• News
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary: Hezbollah as a terrorist organization.2. The Israeli bombing of a civilian convoy in 2006, which killed dozens of people, including Fadlallah and several of his top aides.3. The kidnapping and torture of two Israeli soldiers in 2008.4. The bomb attack on an Iranian Embassy in Beirut in 2012 which killed 17 people.5. The attempted assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in 2005.6. The ongoing civil war in Lebanon.In summary, Octavia Nasr took a great leap into obscurity by praising Hezbollah's leader Sayyed Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah on occasion of his death. She is quoted as saying: "Sad to hear of the passing of Sayy
shoehorn said:
The irony of you questioning someone's liberal credentials while having that as your avatar is apparently lost on you.

By the way, how that avatar has escaped the moderators' attention is baffling. Are those who knowingly conduct aggressive war on behalf of anti-Semitic despots not verboten?

Apparently you've never had a history class, but let's keep useless banter to a minimum (like you commenting on an avatar, when it has nothing to do with this thread).

Until something comes out that states that Mr. Fadlallah did not compare the settling if Israel to the Holocaust, he is still terrorist scum, and is one less Hezbollah agent to deal with.

Physics news on Phys.org
KalamMekhar said:
Apparently you've never had a history class, but let's keep useless banter to a minimum (like you commenting on an avatar, when it has nothing to do with this thread).

Indeed. However, given that many people find images of Nazi Germany and those who waged illegal war on its behalf to be offensive, it would be nice if you'd change it to something less provocative.

Gokul43201 said:
The entirety of the proposition here has a string of these unstated "can't be sure" conjectures (whose error bars add up) that all have to be accepted first. Yet the conclusion, that "CNN is a cesspool of terrorist supporting scum" is presented as a virtual certainty.
Not by me.

shoehorn said:
Indeed. However, given that many people find images of Nazi Germany and those who waged illegal war on its behalf to be offensive, it would be nice if you'd change it to something less provocative.

I'm not sure how the NA campaign, or the 7th Armored crashing the maginot, was "illegal" but, please explain your logic in a new thread.

A former Lebanese government minister said last week that he likes Germany because “they hate Jews and burned them.” He was speaking on Al-Jadid/New TV in Lebanon on July 4.

The clip was found and translated by MEMRI (Middle East Media Research Institute), and screened on its MEMRITV.org television monitor project.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138532"

The more of these bastards dead the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
arildno said:
Possible, not probable.

Eeh?
Relevance??

It's relevant because it demonstrates how a person can hide something about themselves for a great many years without suspicion.

aquitaine said:
It's relevant because it demonstrates how a person can hide something about themselves for a great many years without suspicion.
Can, is going to?

She was a political journalist, and a senior editor.

She will have expressed sympathies with the Hezbollah as possibly miguided, but having a just cause, while denouncing Israel as imperialist at numerous staff and editorial meetings.

arildno said:
Can, is going to?

She was a political journalist, and a senior editor.

She will have expressed sympathies with the Hezbollah as possibly miguided, but having a just cause, while denouncing Israel as imperialist at numerous staff and editorial meetings.

Ted Haggard is a reverend, whose job it is to discuss morality.

He will have expressed sympathies with gay people as possibly misguided, but having a just cause, while denouncing homophobes as un-Christian at numerous sermons and Bible discussions.

Office_Shredder said:
Ted Haggard is a reverend, whose job it is to discuss morality.

He will have expressed sympathies with gay people as possibly misguided, but having a just cause, while denouncing homophobes as un-Christian at numerous sermons and Bible discussions.
No, why?
Many self-haters out there, being unable to come to grips with their own sexuality.
That is quite a different thing from adoring a terrorist preacher, as Nasr did, and does.

KalamMekhar said:
I'm not sure how the NA campaign, or the 7th Armored crashing the maginot, was "illegal" but, please explain your logic in a new thread.

The entire German campaign was a war of aggression, hence illegal according to the Nuremburg principles. Hope that helps.

shoehorn said:
The entire German campaign was a war of aggression, hence illegal according to the Nuremburg principles. Hope that helps.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but the Nuremberg Principles were written after WW2. I'm no lawyer, but I think declaring something illegal due to a law that was enacted after the event is just a tad bit unfair.

Back