Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ok, I am outraged at my local Publix!

1. May 12, 2012 #1
    My favorite food is the peanut butter cookie. I get them every single time I go grocery shopping. Today, I was hit with bad news. They did not have any cookies, and they would not be making any more, ever! :cry:

The baker told me that it's due to so many people having peanut allergies and the threat of contamination outweights the risk oh... blah blah.

OH COME ON! What am I supposed to do now! Learn to cook them??? Peanut butter cookies mysteriously vanished from Subway a few years ago, and I said nothing, now I am out of options!

Why is there a massive outbreak of peanut allergies, and why does it have to effect us non allergic!

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2012 #2
    Apparently peanut allergies can be really sensitive. Some of those people can't even read Charlie Brown comics.

4. May 14, 2012 #3
    Peanut butter cookies are really easy to do. Plus, you can experiment to find the mix of ingredients that tastes best to you. Maybe Publix bakery will give you their recipe.

5. May 14, 2012 #4

Danger

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl:

When I was a kid, nobody on the face of the effin' planet was allergic to peanuts. As a comic at the Montreal festival once said, if your kid is so vulnerable that my kid can't eat peanut butter at home, don't get attached. He ain't gonna make it.

6. May 14, 2012 #5
    I can see both sides.

On one hand, peanut butter cookies are incredible.

On the other hand, I know someone with an allergy so bad they can't even be in the same room as a peanut. Any sort of cross contamination from a peanut butter cookie wouldn't be ideal.

7. May 14, 2012 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Simplest solution,

http://store.iuneeds.com/images/pillsbury_peanutbutter.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  8. May 14, 2012 #7
    But maybe not Pillsbury. Have you looked at the trans fatty acid content? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  9. May 14, 2012 #8

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I guess he'll need to learn to cook. Or get messy just eating natural peanut butter itself.

peanutbutter.jpg

10. May 14, 2012 #9

turbo

Gold Member

Why no peanut butter? If it wasn't for peanut butter, I couldn't get foul-tasting pills into my dog. Duke will eat anything coated with peanut butter, though he might draw the line at that toddler. He loves little kids.

11. May 14, 2012 #10

Danger

Gold Member

The same way that W.C. Fields did (ie: boiled)?
    Digoff, that picture scares the hell out of me. I once knew a kid who looked like that, and there was no peanut butter involved. It was the first and last time that I attempted babysitting. :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook