Ok, I am outraged at my local Publix!

My favorite food is the peanut butter cookie. I get them every single time I go grocery shopping. Today, I was hit with bad news. They did not have any cookies, and they would not be making any more, ever! :cry:

The baker told me that it's due to so many people having peanut allergies and the threat of contamination outweights the risk oh... blah blah.

OH COME ON! What am I supposed to do now! Learn to cook them??? Peanut butter cookies mysteriously vanished from Subway a few years ago, and I said nothing, now I am out of options!

Why is there a massive outbreak of peanut allergies, and why does it have to effect us non allergic!

Answers and Replies

Apparently peanut allergies can be really sensitive. Some of those people can't even read Charlie Brown comics.

My favorite food is the peanut butter cookie. I get them every single time I go grocery shopping. Today, I was hit with bad news. They did not have any cookies, and they would not be making any more, ever! :cry:

The baker told me that it's due to so many people having peanut allergies and the threat of contamination outweights the risk oh... blah blah.

OH COME ON! What am I supposed to do now! Learn to cook them??? Peanut butter cookies mysteriously vanished from Subway a few years ago, and I said nothing, now I am out of options!

Why is there a massive outbreak of peanut allergies, and why does it have to effect us non allergic!
Peanut butter cookies are really easy to do. Plus, you can experiment to find the mix of ingredients that tastes best to you. Maybe Publix bakery will give you their recipe.

Danger
Gold Member
Apparently peanut allergies can be really sensitive. Some of those people can't even read Charlie Brown comics.
:rofl: :rofl:

When I was a kid, nobody on the face of the effin' planet was allergic to peanuts. As a comic at the Montreal festival once said, if your kid is so vulnerable that my kid can't eat peanut butter at home, don't get attached. He ain't gonna make it.

I can see both sides.

On one hand, peanut butter cookies are incredible.

On the other hand, I know someone with an allergy so bad they can't even be in the same room as a peanut. Any sort of cross contamination from a peanut butter cookie wouldn't be ideal.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
OH COME ON! What am I supposed to do now! Learn to cook them???
Simplest solution,

http://store.iuneeds.com/images/pillsbury_peanutbutter.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Simplest solution,

http://store.iuneeds.com/images/pillsbury_peanutbutter.jpg [Broken]
But maybe not Pillsbury. Have you looked at the trans fatty acid content? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
But maybe not Pillsbury. Have you looked at the trans fatty acid content? :smile:
I guess he'll need to learn to cook. Or get messy just eating natural peanut butter itself.

peanutbutter.jpg

turbo
Gold Member
Why no peanut butter? If it wasn't for peanut butter, I couldn't get foul-tasting pills into my dog. Duke will eat anything coated with peanut butter, though he might draw the line at that toddler. He loves little kids.

Danger
Gold Member
He loves little kids.
The same way that W.C. Fields did (ie: boiled)?
Digoff, that picture scares the hell out of me. I once knew a kid who looked like that, and there was no peanut butter involved. It was the first and last time that I attempted babysitting. :yuck: