Ok I'm studying for a physics degree in 2010 or maybe 2011 but I am

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Muppetmaster
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Ok I'm studying for a physics degree in 2010 or maybe 2011 but I am really undecided whether to go the part time route and work or the full time route and accrue debt?

The part time courses are free because I am unemployed and haven't done a degree before, but I'm not sure part time is as good as full time?

Any advice I live in the UK.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


I went part-time. It's not a question of whether one way is as good as another; either way, you will learn the material.

Going to school part-time while working gave me two advantages when I finished:

  • Very, very little debt. Everyone has a different comfort level when it comes to debt. Me, I abhor it.
  • At graduation, I had 6 years of work experience in a lab (albeit mostly part-time), which looked *great* on my resume.
The question is, do you mind taking longer to finish?